2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: NC Dry Ginseng Update: 11/14/14

NC Dry Ginseng Update: 11/14/14 9 years 4 months ago #33683

Hello all Fellow Ginseng Enthusiasts! Well here in NC the price of dry sang ranges from $750 - $800 depending on quality and size of your sang. I called my personal dealer that I have dealt with for well over the past 8 years tonight. I was just going to sell my sang tonight just to get the season over with. To my surprise and for the first time I was told some personal advise. I was told that is it were them to wait 2 more weeks. That the price is about to hit high and that I should really just wait. Guaranteed that where its at now will be way higher here in a week or two. Was told unless I really just needed the money that they would buy from me right now but since I have know them for a long time loyally and as a friend that if I could, to wait and was told...\"you'll see\". So I said...\"hell yes I can and will wait\"... :) Just thought I'd share that.. I am excited. Never been stirred wrong with my dealer... never!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:NC Dry Ginseng Update: 11/14/14 9 years 4 months ago #33701

That's great news!! Guy I've been talking to has been telling wait till black Friday atleast and between there and mid Dec that we should see it at Peak highs for the yr. He has been telling me the question for all is how high. He sais don't think it will hit $1200 but thinks it has a good chance at a $1000 but again no one knows, but it is on the rise everywhere so its getting crunch time now. Bout 2-3 weeks more of holding and hopefully we will see 4 digit prices. I still think the price margin could be a big gap between good quality and ok quality. $800 for ok possible $1100 for high quality sang. Very picky year but everyone is gonna have a little trash in there box's, its just the way it is. Thanks for the info NCSmokiesanger!!

Re:NC Dry Ginseng Update: 11/14/14 9 years 4 months ago #33729

Really good news, thanks for posting!

this what is so great about this forum, having the insight to post valueable info...

Re:NC Dry Ginseng Update: 11/14/14 9 years 4 months ago #33731

750 on Pa-NY line today

Re:NC Dry Ginseng Update: 11/14/14 9 years 4 months ago #33755

was told today to wait til thanksgiving as well...sold to this guy for 20 yrs and he told me today if i didn't need the money to hold off a couple weeks

Re:NC Dry Ginseng Update: 11/14/14 9 years 4 months ago #33767

I believe we r in for a high price guys... hold on to your seng. all dealers apparently are saying the same thing...cool! I believe it will see $1000 maybe a little more in some other areas.. cross fingers

Re:NC Dry Ginseng Update: 11/14/14 9 years 4 months ago #33794

Was just quoted 825/lb here in western NC, if I brought it in today.
I still believe I will wait till next week to see what happens.

Re:NC Dry Ginseng Update: 11/14/14 9 years 4 months ago #33797

Ncsengfarmer wrote:

Was just quoted 825/lb here in western NC, if I brought it in today.
I still believe I will wait till next week to see what happens.

very nice.. where at might I ask? I haven't checked here in Haywood County yet.. but I will here at lunch then update it. Just last Friday it was only at $750... sweet

Re:NC Dry Ginseng Update: 11/14/14 9 years 4 months ago #33798

Richard Smith in Mcdowell County. Them and Phillips in Mitchell County are usually about the same price.

Re:NC Dry Ginseng Update: 11/14/14 9 years 4 months ago #33805

That is cool... that's only 2 hours from here... I believe it will hit the $1000 marker from what I hear and the way its slowly but surely going... whats your thoughts on it?

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds

Who's Online

We have 568 guests and no members online

Login