2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: NC Ginseng Price Update: 10/23/14

NC Ginseng Price Update: 10/23/14 9 years 5 months ago #33295

Good afternoon fellow Ginseng Enthusiasts. I called my dealer today here in beautiful NC and have a update for you all:

Wet per LB: $230.00

Dry per LB: $700.00

***Was told today that the Koreans have been buying Wet sang up like mad men. Its been insane this year for the sale of green. The Chinese are tied up due to this Hong Kong crisis still. But a few buyers are in the game but all are fearful due to these events happening. My dealer told me that their buyer is predicting that by mid November things should be looking up in the price game. Buyers aren't saying much, but leaking they have the money and want the dry sang badly. So cross your fingers and hope that the leaders do something to pacify the mob so the banks can open up and the buyers come over with open wallets. Have a good day folks***

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:NC Ginseng Price Update: 10/23/14 9 years 5 months ago #33302

I like the sound of that!

Re:NC Ginseng Price Update: 10/23/14 9 years 5 months ago #33303

Well after I posted the NC prices a few hours ago I decided to go with the wife up to the very top of our property. All the trees are dead as hell and leaves everywhere. Not a spec of sang below or middle mountain. We went to the very very top in the rock cliffs and found 15 plants (6 being 4 prongs, the rest 3 prongs) fully intact and yellow as ever laying down. Strong stems and still attached. 4 ounces it yielded. Nothing impressive to the community I am sure, but we thought we wouldn't find even one. LOL :)

Re:NC Ginseng Price Update: 10/23/14 9 years 5 months ago #33305

That's a nice end to season being this late. I haven't called the buyer this week that I've been talking to. Last week he was still 700 but did say from sort of what your saying the the green market has been strong and the dry isn't coming in as much especially good better than average sang. Said he is still expecting it to hit the $1000 mark but guessing no more than that and saying it would happen after Thanksgiving.

Re:NC Ginseng Price Update: 10/23/14 9 years 5 months ago #33306

Either one of you near boone?

Nice find, for sure!

Re:NC Ginseng Price Update: 10/23/14 9 years 5 months ago #33308

I'm about 3 hrs from there but that's close to the buyer I've been talking to

Re:NC Ginseng Price Update: 10/23/14 9 years 5 months ago #33309

I'm just looking to get to know the \"local\" folks.... I live near G'sboro, however grow much further west.

Re:NC Ginseng Price Update: 10/23/14 9 years 5 months ago #33310

Is that Greensboro? Guilford county

Re:NC Ginseng Price Update: 10/23/14 9 years 5 months ago #33311

I live in Waynesville, NC in Haywood county. I am a couple hours from you.

Re:NC Ginseng Price Update: 10/23/14 9 years 5 months ago #33312

I live 2 hours from the locations where that dang smokey mountain money craps filmed. Sad to say my dealer was casted for next season and we will be seeing them in it. I was like good grief...really.... lol... but its extra money for them. I am sure most people in these times that are hurting for money would take the opportunity and run as well. Still a good person and always pays top dollar.

Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds

Who's Online

We have 172 guests and no members online

Login