2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Kentucky prices dry 10/13/14

Re:Kentucky prices dry 10/13/14 9 years 6 months ago #33110

Did you have any luck this year? This was my first year and I have around 25 ounces dry right now, about 10-15 roots are still a little soft so I expect to have around a pound and a half. I think I done decent for my first year. Do you know coalbranch?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Kentucky prices dry 10/13/14 9 years 6 months ago #33142

yeah I know coalbranch pretty good I have live there for years,,,lol I didn't dig much sang probably got close to one half pound,10 pound yellow root,and 3 or 4 pound bloodroot.

Re:Kentucky prices dry 10/13/14 9 years 6 months ago #33145

Thats not bad, i dug ginseng about 1.5 pounds dry and around a pound of Yellow root. Next year if you need a hunting partner shoot me a msg.

Re:Kentucky prices dry 10/13/14 9 years 6 months ago #33148

either one of ya know two guys in camo that was riding a 4 wheeler between smith branch and r7 yesterday>
?

Re:Kentucky prices dry 10/13/14 9 years 6 months ago #33149

no I wouldn't know who that would be I haven't been in the woods for a couple weeks now,i see 4 wheelers going up coalbranch all the time.

Re:Kentucky prices dry 10/13/14 9 years 6 months ago #33150

yeah buddy I will give you a yell I hunt by myself most of the time except for my hunting dogs,lol sounds like you done pretty good.

Re:Kentucky prices dry 10/13/14 9 years 6 months ago #33151

my dad came out of a holler yesterday and two guys stepped out from behind a tree, they asked what he was doing,when he asked if they knew who owned the land they said they didn't know and told him if he had a bunch of ginseng that they might just have to take it from him, he said they didn't have any guns but were pretty mouthy with him.... id like to know who they were that's why I asked, I don't think much of any two people who try to start trouble with one person like that

Re:Kentucky prices dry 10/13/14 9 years 6 months ago #33157

greencountydigger...

I agree with you on that. Pretty low down for a couple of thugs to even mention taking someones ginseng.

Never know what or who you might run into while seng hunting.

I served on my County Grand Jury last fall... and I tell you what - you find out just how many nuts live in your county when you do that. Lots of folks hooked on drugs and desperate now days for more drugs and will do just about anything to get them. Taking someones hard earned ginseng would not be out of the question. All of the cases we heard they were doing a lot worse. Breaking into peoples homes, stealing from them in day light hours, threatening people.

The old Devil has a lot of folks right where he wants them now days, hooked on drugs, thinking about nothing but themselves and their next fix.

That is one reason I always pack my RUGER when I am seng hunting.

Good luck on finding out more on how threatened your dad. Would be nice to see them get some time in the clink.

TNhunter

Re:Kentucky prices dry 10/13/14 9 years 6 months ago #33161

dang buddy that's awful someone would do that I will ask around and see if I can find out who it was,also I always pack a gun while sanging to,they probably been watching them ginseng shows on tv.

Re:Kentucky prices dry 10/13/14 9 years 6 months ago #33164

It seems most people these days don't respect anyone or anything. We have had a lot of stealing going on around locally. I cant imagine not carrying a gun while out senging. I carry all the time, every where I go, my 40 goes too.

Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds

Who's Online

We have 142 guests and no members online

Login