2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: North Carolina Price Update: 10/12/14

Re:North Carolina Price Update: 10/12/14 9 years 6 months ago #32887

A quick question here. licensed dealers can cross state lines with ginseng right?, and if so would a dealer in NC be willing to meet with a seller in TN. I don't live far from the NC state line and would be willing to meet with a dealer if they were paying a couple hundred extra than they are here in TN. Has anyone else ever sold to any dealers out of state that were paying higher prices? Thanks for any input.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:North Carolina Price Update: 10/12/14 9 years 6 months ago #32923

Speaking to topic of selling out of your home state be aware neither a dealer or individuals may cross state lines without a certification paper issued by the state of harvest. Once you have that you may sell in any state you wish.
The higher quality Tnn.root may blend well with higher priced Ga. Or
North Carolina. Roots.

Re:North Carolina Price Update: 10/12/14 9 years 6 months ago #32924

thanks for the feedback Knob. I was reading the ginseng laws section here and to my understanding you can't get a certification to cross state lines without a dealers license to begin with. So, the dealer would have to meet me on my side looks like, and get it certified by the park on the way back. Not sure one would go to all that trouble. Oh well, we'll just sit tight and see what the TN prices do.

Re:North Carolina Price Update: 10/12/14 9 years 6 months ago #32986

Not only that, but the dealer would have to be licensed in your state as well.

Re:North Carolina Price Update: 10/12/14 9 years 6 months ago #33030

Which TN county do you live and dig in?

Re:North Carolina Price Update: 10/12/14 9 years 6 months ago #33029

Re:North Carolina Price Update: 10/12/14 9 years 6 months ago #33032

Re:North Carolina Price Update: 10/12/14 9 years 6 months ago #33092

herbuyer, I live and dig in Sevier county, and sometimes blount county.

Re:North Carolina Price Update: 10/12/14 9 years 6 months ago #33136

The best areas in Sevier and Blount Counties would most likely not be accessible to digging as the higher elevations exist on government held lands
Lots of heavy shallow top soils& clay soils in the valley areas west and below the Smokies.
Price will be lower than high elevation dug roots from most of the NC Mountains due to size character and color.

Re:North Carolina Price Update: 10/12/14 9 years 6 months ago #33158

wildspirit..

If you were going to sell them out of state yourself.. you would have to have a TN dealers license (250.00), and also have the roots certified (most park rangers can do that) and there is no cost to it (last I checked).

If you had that taken care of, you could sell them on ebay. Lots of folks do.

If you stored your green roots and waited until there were very few listed on Ebay... that would be the time to sell them. When the supply is low to none, offer yours for sale. That would get you the best price on ebay. I have seen them sell for very high prices there.

The harvest season for TN ends Dec 31... and the buying/selling season ends March 31. So I assume you could sell fresh roots on Ebay all the way thru March 31.

If you were putting up fresh roots for sale, when there were none available elsewhere... you could really increase your profits on the root.

I have thought about trying that myself... but that 250.00 dealers license is the main problem.

TNhunter

Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds

Who's Online

We have 186 guests and no members online

Login