2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: NC Price Update: 10/08/14

Re:NC Price Update: 10/08/14 9 years 6 months ago #32698

i won't be surprised to hear that somehow the ebola outbreak has caused a downturn in the market.
I post all kinds of links and data showing information, perhaps you could do the same.
And what basis should i be careful of the things i say.

Guys Just keep holding your seng. No sense in giving it away, heck if its not alot, just hang onto it until the end of the year, lets see who blinks first. if you cant find a buyer at that point just toss it, nobody wants it at a fair price then nobody shall have it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:NC Price Update: 10/08/14 9 years 6 months ago #32699

BCastle and K_Duce, I find you two very knowledgable and full of information. I appreciate you guys entries. I never knew this site existed till the other week. I am happy to be on it and to discuss a subject we all love and respect. I don't see a lot of NC postings here on prices so I just wanted to throw an update in here as comparison to other states, etc. I have never sold any green sang and always waited till after thanksgiving to sell my dry pounds. It has never disappointed in the past years. Just this years market crash caught my attention and had to gather some intell. So, where better.....here.... I am a paint & tile contractor here and in the mountains when old man winter comes, work is dead and the florida money leaves with it. Just saying most of my clients are florida based. So I dig on my land to get me n my family through winter. I was just worried about prices, cause if they were to stay at this rate...its gonna be a real cold winter, lol... Thanks for all u guys do!
Sammy
WNC

Re:NC Price Update: 10/08/14 9 years 6 months ago #32707

BCastle wrote:

K_duce wrote:

Guys just keep holding your seng. The dealers are just yanking your chain.
Ginseng is retailing from 2400-3000 on every us based ginseng site on the web. Most of the websites are sold out of alot of root. Yeah information is easy to come by.

So let me ask you directly K-duce... are you saying I'm LYING? Or do you want to rephrase?

No one is calling you a liar Bcastle. The fact is, just because your international buyer is cutting you off so to speak doesn't mean every other dealer's is too. I have a contact that is paying $1000/lb for good seng, and he claims he will climb to $1200 this year. He says the crowd he sells to in China hasn't barked a bit on cutting him off.

Your international buyer is simply dropping his buy to another supplier in China. The price we receive as diggers, entirely depends on a dealer's ability to land himself as close to the end user as possible. Some are just a little better than others at speaking mandarin

Re:NC Price Update: 10/08/14 9 years 6 months ago #32711

K-duce

I\"ll take that affirmatively. It must be hard living life always expecting everyone you deal with to be a thief. Good luck with that.

Hunz,

You are assuming you know something about me and the one individual buyer I mentioned ...not to forget the others I never mentioned.

Good luck guys...do whatever you like.

Re:NC Price Update: 10/08/14 9 years 6 months ago #32726

Brad it just kills you that not everyone buys into every word you say.
I did not call you a liar,
But you are wrong on the market, 2 days ago you dropped the notion that it would slip to 500lb and insinuated that the season would be over, then you added your international buyer line. well if you cant handle some opposisition then just take a break from posting.

Guys keep holding your seng, it absoulutely drives brad insane.

Re:NC Price Update: 10/08/14 9 years 6 months ago #32727

No, not at all. I just had a better opinion of you before this week is all. I truly don't care if you hold or you don't. In fact, I'm turning away more sang this year than ever. And for your information....some are at 500 or less now. ...but you must have already known that didn't you?

Re:NC Price Update: 10/08/14 9 years 6 months ago #32741

Kduce rears his ugly head again. The evil seng dealer. Call obama and get him to raise the price of seng for kduce.

Re:NC Price Update: 10/08/14 9 years 6 months ago #32742

vabuyer wrote:

Kduce rears his ugly head again. The evil seng dealer. Call obama and get him to raise the price of seng for kduce.

Hey Guys,
Let me pose this question, what has your dealer done for you to deserve your business? My guess is that many have done nothing, except for purchasing a dealers license. From what i gather the market is huge...its wide open, and according to some there are only 2 exporters for china,one of the largest countries on the planet. Everyone else just jumps into the chain, some of the bottome feeders, you know the ones that can only pick from the low hanging fruit are on this board. Then they complain and whine because their business sucks, sure dad ran it better and son just drives it into the ground. if a dealer is not working to find new avenues to get you the seller the best deal, do yourself a favor and kick them to the curb,
That is just something to think about,
thats the shoe vabuyer., try it on....fits? ok good.

Re:NC Price Update: 10/08/14 9 years 6 months ago #32744

I know I'm completely new to all of this, haven't sold my first ginseng root (ever) or made one dollar from my very meager planting efforts thus far. Still, I have been lurking around this board for a couple three years now, trying to learn all I can. Unfortunately, the only knowledge I've gained this season is a growing awareness that suggests the need to locate a ginseng forum frequented by adults, who leave their egos at the door before logging on.

I have learned much in the past however, and I thank those who freely and openly shared what they know, rather than simply belittling each other.

Re:NC Price Update: 10/08/14 9 years 6 months ago #32753

I was told by a west Virginia dealer that the market wasnt flooded, he claims the Korean`s bought up the green and that right before the chineese New year it should go up substantially. He says he has been a dealer since 1980. And that a few weeks before thanksgiving is the best time to sell, claims that if not shipped by then the seng cannot make it to China in time for their holiday. Anyone confirm or deny his claims

Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds

Who's Online

We have 169 guests and no members online

Login