2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: SO WHAT IS THE MAGIC NUMBER?

Re:SO WHAT IS THE MAGIC NUMBER? 9 years 5 months ago #32692

maya wrote:

maya wrote:

$1100

...and I just got it!

Great to hear Maya!!!!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:SO WHAT IS THE MAGIC NUMBER? 9 years 5 months ago #32693

maya wrote:

maya wrote:

$1100

...and I just got it!

Awesome Maya. If anyone deserves that number its you based on what you show here on the board.

Re:SO WHAT IS THE MAGIC NUMBER? 9 years 5 months ago #32701

Glad you got the price you wanted Maya

Re:SO WHAT IS THE MAGIC NUMBER? 9 years 5 months ago #32760

Thanks guys, I'm pleased with that!

Re:SO WHAT IS THE MAGIC NUMBER? 9 years 5 months ago #32822

Congratulations maya...
Who to ?
And we're at?
Would they like some more....lol

Re:SO WHAT IS THE MAGIC NUMBER? 9 years 5 months ago #32847

triton wrote:

Congratulations maya...
Who to ?
And we're at?
Would they like some more....lol

In Vermont Triton.

Re:SO WHAT IS THE MAGIC NUMBER? 9 years 5 months ago #32848

congrats on the sell Maya.... That's awesome! wish prices here were anything close to that but its still to early for me to sell. I always wait till after thanksgiving. :)

Re:SO WHAT IS THE MAGIC NUMBER? 9 years 5 months ago #32850

It seems like NY and Vermont root sure bring in top dollar. So it really doesn't matter whats happening in other states from what I have observed related to pricing. NY and Vermont seng seems to bring the highest price and that's great for you fellas up North East.

Congrats Maya,
Latt

Re:SO WHAT IS THE MAGIC NUMBER? 9 years 5 months ago #32856

Latt wrote:

It seems like NY and Vermont root sure bring in top dollar. So it really doesn't matter whats happening in other states from what I have observed related to pricing. NY and Vermont seng seems to bring the highest price and that's great for you fellas up North East.

Congrats Maya,
Latt

If you pay attention to those roots from up that way, most of them are old and bulby. I never see anyone posting pencils or so so roots from up there. This means that the diggers are more conscientious and only dig roots which are ready for the market, and they handle them correctly the way the market wants them. I suspect that if those diggers dug roots like we see everywhere else in the country, they would see prices similar to everywhere else in the country also.

Re:SO WHAT IS THE MAGIC NUMBER? 9 years 5 months ago #32910

BCastle wrote:

Latt wrote:

Congrats Maya,
Latt

If you pay attention to those roots from up that way, most of them are old and bulby. I never see anyone posting pencils or so so roots from up there. This means that the diggers are more conscientious and only dig roots which are ready for the market, and they handle them correctly the way the market wants them. I suspect that if those diggers dug roots like we see everywhere else in the country, they would see prices similar to everywhere else in the country also.

.....and dig them intact. I try and get as much of the hair root as possible. To many on this site are showing root beat to hell!

Every year I get at least $100-300 more than what I see posted on this site. Dig them whole, only dig roots at least 10 yo, you have to get a number of 30+ yo root and you must care for them properly after the dig.

I also know top dollar buyers know who is digging wild root. My buyer this year was talking about a guy that brought him a bunch of 8-12 yo root, all looking very similar. Dead give away.

You need a bunch of this for top dollar. Age and hair root...
Attachments:

Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds

Who's Online

We have 436 guests and no members online

Login