2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Start buying dried roots in Ohio tommorow

Start buying dried roots in Ohio tommorow 14 years 6 months ago #2342

Just talked to my local dealer today and he said that he was opening at $400/lb for dried roots. He started at this price last year too, but then dropped gradually to $300/lb. Ive dealt with him for years and he seams to be very fair. His prices are almost always better than other dealers around this area. Unfortunately mine arent quite dried yet. I doubt that the price is going to go up much from this starting point. My guess is that next year we'll see prices get back to where they were a couple years ago, but personally I dont expect to see it this year. Just an opinion, nothing more!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Start buying dried roots in Ohio tommorow 14 years 6 months ago #2344

A dealer here in Missouri said they would start at 300.It seems like our state is always lower than other states.They try to say it is the quality of roots,but I really dont think so.I have seen a lot of pics of roots from other areas and look about the same to me.One grower I talked to from Maryland used to live in Missouri,and he says they are the same for the most part. I am hoping for at least 400 this year.

Re:Start buying dried roots in Ohio tommorow 14 years 6 months ago #2347

they start buying here this Sat. ...i ain't even checked prices yet..

Re:Start buying dried roots in Ohio tommorow 14 years 6 months ago #2370

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
The price has jumped again here in Ky my dealer is up to $350 a pound dry now from 280 at the open of buying season..

Re:Start buying dried roots in Ohio tommorow 14 years 6 months ago #2372

thanks for the update billy...

Re:Start buying dried roots in Ohio tommorow 14 years 6 months ago #2379

• ky digger
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
HEY 5 PRONG,I SELL MY GREEN GINSENG ALL OVER BUT HAVE SOME GINSENG FROM LAST YEAR AND SINCE I HAVE MY DEALERS LICENSE NOW AND I DON'T BUY,THIS ALLOWS ME TO SELL WHAT I HELD ON TO LAST YEAR. IF YOU HAVE YOUR DEALERS NUMBER,I WOULD APPERICIATE IT OR THE NAME AND I CAN LOOK IT UP.

THANKS,RANDY.

Re:Start buying dried roots in Ohio tommorow 14 years 6 months ago #2381

His name is Earl Stephens. He is one of the dealers listed on this site. Belmont County Ohio. IDK if He'll be interested in Year old sang or not.

Re:Start buying dried roots in Ohio tommorow 14 years 6 months ago #2384

• ky digger
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thank you but I have seen people hold thier sang more than one year and I could not tell the difference. I have some very old sang. one sang root weighs.8 dried.

Re:Start buying dried roots in Ohio tommorow 14 years 6 months ago #2391

here in southern indiana the price is around $300 big drop from 2 years ago when we were getting $860, i think the asian market over bought,,,but it'll be back in a couple years ..it seems like there is a cycle to the buying frenzy every 5-7 years,,i have seen it happen for over 40yrs...good digging kennie
Attachments:

Re:Start buying dried roots in Ohio tommorow 14 years 5 months ago #2845

• buell lady- Lisa
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Does anybody know dealers that prices are higher than $425.a lb? If so please email me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. also I have a couple of pounds what do you think the price will be in November? should i sell now or wait?? Thanks Lisa

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds

Who's Online

We have 742 guests and no members online

Login