2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Last years plants

Last years plants 14 years 7 months ago #2339

Can I sell a few plants from last years dig this year or are they too dried out?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Last years plants 14 years 7 months ago #2341

There are a lot of people that keep roots from one season to the next-usually hoping the price will be better next year.Your roots should be fine to sell and I dont think they really dry much if any more after they are dried.

Re:Last years plants 14 years 7 months ago #2368

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
They will buy that seng no problem,as long as nothing has happened to it and it is still as it was when it dryed,shoudlnt be any problem.

Re:Last years plants 14 years 7 months ago #2373

a local buyer told me you loose about a ounce to a pound if you keep it till the next year..

Re:Last years plants 14 years 7 months ago #2390

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
That is what I have been told also Chieftain not that bad if the price went say $ 150 to 2 or 300 more dollors a year later,just simply no way to know that.

Re:Last years plants 14 years 7 months ago #2420

Just be careful with your states laws. Here in Ohio you cant hold it over without it being certified by the state. I'm not saying the dealer would be able to tell the difference, but in Ohio the dealers are supposed to ask a number of questions. Some of those questions I think is weather it was dug this year, What county it was harvested in, private or public land? etc.

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds

Who's Online

We have 368 guests and no members online

Login