2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: is there a difference in ginseng

is there a difference in ginseng 14 years 6 months ago #2324

Hello everyone i am from the hills of east tn.I really enjoy this site.I have a question about ginseng.Here in east tn we have a lot of red dirt,ginseng seems to grow very well in this type of ground,however most dealers wont pay hardly anything for this \"red seng\",they call it.I was just wondering if anyone else has heard of this,and if so what the difference is.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:is there a difference in ginseng 14 years 6 months ago #2350

i live in cleveland and i have asked the same ? to everyone and no one knows the answer to that other than the color they is a guy who will buy it curtis collake isnt buying the red now but you can call423 533 2525 and he can buy it he is the only 1 good luck i sold him 3 pd for 270.00 a pd drie 2weeks ago i wished i knew some one who would pay good for it p,s im always looking for someone to hunt with just drop me aline but imust tellyou up front if i go hunting i go all day anyway goodluck with the red
Attachments:

Re:is there a difference in ginseng 14 years 6 months ago #2359

Check out selling them on EBay

guy

Re:is there a difference in ginseng 14 years 6 months ago #2369

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Very interesting,i did not know that they where a difference in the price because of the red dirt,i sure didnt.

Re:is there a difference in ginseng 14 years 6 months ago #2423

Thanks to everyone that has replied.I have been digging for a few years now,it seems that the \"fever\" just gets worse with time.I am just curious to what the difference may be on the seng.Coondawg we may just have to plan a trip sometime,i dig in the hills and mtns alot,nearly stepped on a gigantic rattler last sat.didnt even see the thing until my buddy yelled after i walked by it.Again any help would be appreciated.

Re:is there a difference in ginseng 14 years 6 months ago #2427

tnboy i geuss were alot alike the more i hunt the more i want to i have had so mutch trouble with red sang that it isnt funny anymore i have started looking for black soil and the only i have found in this area is white oak or cherokee i recantly bought a permitt for cherokee and i have spent some time up there the last 2 weeks and have not found any amount to bragg about but what i have found few were big pretty plants but not mutch of a root tho if you decide to buy a permitt for cherokee they have diffrant districs , so south of the hiwasse is 1 and north of the hiwasee is another im sure they are more .the permitt is 30.00 a pond grenn you have to keep a record of when you are in there diggin they give you a form to fill out when you get to your hunting spot you have to wright in ink what time it is and when you finish you have to wright the amount down in ink before you leave that way if the rangers pull you over on the way out you will be fine .if you dont they can take your sang and your permitt and band you for 5 yrs from digging in the cherokee forest ? but if you go up there they are some nice hollers up there but very few sang plants they have just dug the hound out of it ,NOTHING IS THERE not even 1,2 prongs i cant belive people . but if bears and snakes dont bother you its there but deep . p,s if you go deep take a compasse i have hog,bear hunted there alot and this yr hunting i have found my self scratching my head a few times well anyway good hunting
Attachments:

Re:is there a difference in ginseng 14 years 6 months ago #2437

• purchase red dirt sang
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
To answer the question about red dirt sang, Why price lower than black dirt sang, because red dirt don;t have enough nutration, So the red dirt sang does has enough nutration too.

Whom have the red dirt ginseng , Please send me a pictures by e mail, I'll try my best to give you good price.

My e Mail address is: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Jenny

Re:is there a difference in ginseng 14 years 6 months ago #2438

• Jean
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I can buying red dirt sang ,Please send me pictures first or you can call me at 201-254-0387.
my E mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Thanks

Jean

Re:is there a difference in ginseng 14 years 6 months ago #2441

can you buy from tennessee? i tryed to call you i left you a message my name is tony aka coondog hope to here from you soon or i will catch you later in the day thanks alot
Attachments:

Re:is there a difference in ginseng 14 years 6 months ago #2448

Thanks again for the info.,i have been curious for a while now about the difference.Jean i will try to post some pictures as soon as i find out how to do it.I have been finding some very large and old roots here in the hills and valleys,i dug probably my biggest ever yesterday.Coondawg i am also a hog,bear hunter so i love the mtns.I have noticed also there is a lot of pressure on public places,not hardly anything left in the easy spots,that means a lot of walking for those willing,thanks again.

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds

Who's Online

We have 145 guests and no members online

Login