2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: When is the time to sell?

When is the time to sell? 11 years 6 months ago #20995

My buddy and I have around 20 pounds of good wild mountain seng here in Virginia.(Franklin County) Looks like close to 40% bulb root. What price might I be looking at and when should i pull the trigger?
I've alway heard wait it out until the second week of Nov. but I don't want to miss the boat.

Mark

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:When is the time to sell? 11 years 6 months ago #21002

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Mark

I think I can answer this with no conflict so I will.

There are 2 best times to sell your ginseng

1 - When it reaches a amount that you are satisfied to recive for your efforts and that will very alot from digger to digger

2 - When your trusted dealer tells you that the market will not rise no more but is about to decrease in amount then it is for sure time to sell.Now if you do not have a trusted dealer then refer back to no#1 above or find someone that is a ohnest dealer and that you can trust and you will not loose on price once you get that.

For example - I am a dealer in Ky: Tn: & Va: and In my local areas I have sevral good diggers that are on a list when the price tops out i call them and they bring the seng for that season also i have sevral diggers that have an amount that they want to receive they tell me that amount and i note it when the market reatches that amount i call them Like today i called a good friend of mine he had told me since dry buying season started that he wanted $600.00 a pd for his dry ginseng this season he is a great digger and always has top quality ginseng I called today and told him the market is at $600.00 a pd and he is right now on hs way to my house.I also told him Daryl I want you to know that i still think the market will go up but he said Billy i appreciate it but that is what i wanted and im ready to sell.I said ok and that is a perfect example of what i am telling you.

Here is a page where I am updating my prices in Va: Ky: & Tn: for the diggers this season
www.wildgrown.com/index.php/Ginseng-Foru...Ky-Tn-Va/Page-2.html

G/L to you Mark I hope that you receive a fair price and most of all that you get what you want for your ginseng.

Billy.

Re:When is the time to sell? 11 years 6 months ago #21094

we are hearing the price is falling,

Re:When is the time to sell? 11 years 6 months ago #21097

Yep and the world ends in 2012 !

Re:When is the time to sell? 11 years 5 months ago #21117

I have noticed a wide price range in my area this year. One guy still paying $450 lol not happening. There's only three other buyers within a hours drive they range from $550-630. That's just a quote over the phone. The price might not go as high here as other places. We had decent rain compared to other places. I actually had fungus kill quite a few larger plants off. I'm thinking of selling at $630. I only have 12 ounces. Those are all 15 years or older though so I hope I can talk more out of him. It only got to 800 around hear in 2007. That I could find anyway. So I think $630 might be it.

Re:When is the time to sell? 11 years 5 months ago #21118

Rocky Mount area Franklin County is known for having a higher than average percentage of red root and if so it should have a negative effect on the price as red root is worth a third of top market.
Usually the bulby roots are in shallow top soils with red clay substrats east of the Blue Ridge.
If the roots are golden brown with good rings and professionally handled the price
should be 700 or so.

Re:When is the time to sell? 11 years 5 months ago #21120

Where are you out of Herbuyer? I have close to 40% bulb root in what I dug this year. The mt. soil here in Franklin county(East of the Blue Ridge) is as rich if not richer than the soil i've dug in NE of here. I was born and raised in Madison County, VA and I dig prettier seng here in Franklin County than back home. Are you a Virginia Dealer?

Mark

Re:When is the time to sell? 11 years 5 months ago #21121

700 wouldn't be bad. Franklin is pretty far east of me. I usually dig around laurel ridge. Not the park of coarse but close to it. Never had a problem with the roots around here. Something is just telling me to sell. If I had more I would probably wait.

Re:When is the time to sell? 11 years 5 months ago #21148

don't be afraid to shop, even dealer not on the board here usually have an e-mail, call them and then e-mil them a pic of your collection. Some dealers will tell you their top price and some will tell you their bottom price

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds

Who's Online

We have 629 guests and no members online

Login