2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Question about OLD roots Please I need help with this one

Re:Question about OLD roots Please I need help with this one 14 years 7 months ago #1745

Paul wrote:

Lonnie, If you mean the last two pics on the I need help with identification post, then I would say this, I see you started your pics with virgina creeper, sometimes it can in rare circumstances look very close to ginseng. virgina creeper grows in a vine form near sunlight, ginseng grows in deep shade in individual plant form. Dig the plant in the last pic, If you find a root it is ginseng, if there is ever a stem to anouther plant at ground level its virgina creeper. Hope this helped

Hey Paul, TY for your help... I have already posted a pic of the root dated the 24th....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Question about OLD roots Please I need help with this one 14 years 7 months ago #1751

good job lonnie, now where theres one, there should be more nearby, hunt for concentrations.

Re:Question about OLD roots Please I need help with this one 14 years 7 months ago #1752

getting ready to go out and look again... I am bad aren't I???....lol... you kow I remember now that all those years walking the hills in TN and seeing them I felt dumb because I didn't know at that time what they were and what they were worth....lol... now I need to look for yello root and cohosh....

Re:Question about OLD roots Please I need help with this one 14 years 7 months ago #1755

Lonnie aroound here in east ky cohosh is everywhere and it is pretty easy to spot also. You should be able to learn it pretty easy because it is so abundant. If the price got up a little higher i would dig some, Because i am not joking i could dig all day long for a month around here and not even hurt it. Now as far as yellow root go to me it is more scarce than ginseng, around here though when i do find it its in really big patches.

Re:Question about OLD roots Please I need help with this one 14 years 7 months ago #1757

Yes but who do I sell too and what does it lok like??

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds

Who's Online

We have 664 guests and no members online

Login