2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Any Updates on Ginseng Price In KY????????????????

Re:Any Updates on Ginseng Price In KY???????????????? 12 years 6 months ago #14666

girls dig it wrote:

.what did it top out at last year i need to see if my dealer lied to me or not?

as a Illinois digger I sold at $715 last year...I would take that today for what I've got this year...;) ;) ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Any Updates on Ginseng Price In KY???????????????? 12 years 6 months ago #14667

BCastle wrote:

Chieftain wrote:

BCastle wrote:

Chieftain wrote:

WV Man wrote:

In WV the going price is now 425.00 dry. Talked to a friend that works for the buyer and he says hold on to your seng til late November. Price supposed to go to 700 or more.

...thats what i like to hear.;)

That's what we all like to hear. But, you have to seriously consider the basis for such statements. What would this one buyer know that no other buyers know? Trust me, I doubt one buyer is going to handle the whole 50 million dollar wild ginseng market by him or herself without others knowing what's going on.

...now there was some folks last year on here said it wouldn't get above 500....but it did.....maybe this guys got a crystal ball or he is psychic or psycho depending on how you look at it..:lol: :lol:

:laugh:

Yeah maybe. I sure hope it moves up, but I gotta tell you, the stuff in inventory has to move first...and right now its not moving.

don't worry good things are about to happen...once they figure out the harvest was way down,that should move that inventory right along..;)

Re:Any Updates on Ginseng Price In KY???????????????? 12 years 6 months ago #14671

But, from what I'm seeing, harvest will be up. dunno...time will tell.

Re:Any Updates on Ginseng Price In KY???????????????? 12 years 6 months ago #14672

it sure wasn't up here or in any of the neighboring states..2 buyers i talked to last week said they have bought 50% or less than they had at this time last year...either people are hanging on or it just aint there to be had...

Re:Any Updates on Ginseng Price In KY???????????????? 12 years 6 months ago #14673

I can speak for most diggers around my parts and here it is \"its been a short light digging year\"....Only thing keeping the price down is the Asians aint kicked this thing in the rear yet.....its fixin' to get interesting.

SengNveins

Re:Any Updates on Ginseng Price In KY???????????????? 12 years 6 months ago #14675

Diggers,
Here's a question. I know everyone wants to get as much as they can out of their ginseng but what do you think the price should be? Let's be honest and no inflated prices.

rootman

Re:Any Updates on Ginseng Price In KY???????????????? 12 years 6 months ago #14676

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Rootman to answer your question in my opinion. I think wild ginseng should sell for no less than $500:00 a pound and from their to$600:00 dry and no less than $144:00 a pound wet. I remember for years that if ginseng got to $450:00 the old timers where very happy one year it went to $550:00 and they where tickled to death.

Lets look at some facts

1 - ginseng grows wild it does and was giving to us it does not cost any thing but your gas,time,eats,& drinks to go out and to find it, and of course your labor.

2 - Ginseng has never reach 700:00 dollars but one time and never reach 900:00 but one time in 100 years.

3 - in the past 10 years if you add the total of the highest price at the end of the season together in my area and then divide it by 10 you will see that the average price for ginseng is not as much as we all want it to be coming out to an average of around a little less than $500:00 a pound dry to us diggers, remember I have been a digger a long time and I always will be a digger so long as it is the good Lords will.

4 - So to me the diggers should always get from $500:00 to $550:00 to be treated fair and from $550:00 to $600:00 to be treated very good anything more is another great blessing from the good Lord like the only 2 years in history where it was 725.00 and 900.00 to me when those years come thank God for it, but remember that based on an overall average those 2 seasons boosted ginseng from back in in the 90`s to what it is in the 2000`s and made the aversage be what it should be today. Without those two seasons the average would be around $400:00 every season or less.

5 - Seeing that what i have written here is based on actual facts and not my opinion from being involved i know that what i am saying is true we should expect between $500 to $600 a year at this time area and hope each year for the blessed years where it sores above the reasonable amount.

6 sometimes it seems as though we forget how much we love doing this and make it a debate seems as politics to me lately it has not been and will never be just about the money that i can make from ginsenging,but it has allot to do with my heritage and what i have learned my children and what they see in the mountains when they go with me and the beauty of all that God has giving to us I pray that nothing ever takes that from them and that nothing ever takes that from me, because if the zeal and passion for what i love to do is not enough, then i have forgot the true meaning of the gift. I have never taking a guitar lesson yet i can play with any musician skillfully never ask the Lord to let me love his word and his blessing as a child yet I do, I was never entered into fishing tournaments to win them yet i can fish with anyone, am i boosting ? No im just trying to say that God gives us many talents and gifts, ginseng hunting is one more good thing that the Lord has giving to us, let us not talk only about great Gaines, but also remember the gift its self and the Lord will provide us with enough gains always he never fails us, why worry so much with the price the price, where is our faith.

Billy.

Re:Any Updates on Ginseng Price In KY???????????????? 12 years 6 months ago #14680

Billy wrote:

Rootman to answer your question in my opinion.I think wild ginseng should sell for no less than $500:00 a pound and from their to$600:00 dry and no less than $144:00 a pound wet.I remember for years that if ginseng got to $450:00 the old timers where very happy one year it went to $550:00 and they where tickled to death.

Lets look at some facts

1 - ginseng grows wild it does and was giving to us it does not cost any thing but your gas,time,eats,& drinks to go out and to find it,and of course your labor.

2 - ginseng has never reach 700:00 dollors but one time and never reach 900:00 but one time in 100 years.

3 - in the past 10 years if you add the total of the highest price at the end of the season togetehr in my area and then divide it by 10 you will see that the average price for ginseng is not as much as we all want it to be coming out to an average of around a little less than $500:00 a pound dry to us diggers,remember i have been a digger a long time and i always will be a digger so long as it is the good Lords will.

4 - So to me the diggers shoud always get from $500:00 to $550:00 to be treated fair and from $550:00 to $600:00 to be treated very good anything more is another great blessing from the good Lord like the only 2 years in history where it was 725.00 and 900.00 to me when those years come thank God for it,but remember that based on an overall average those 2 seasons boosted ginseng from back in in the 90`s to what it is in the 2000`s and made the aversage be what it should be today.Without those two seasons the average would be around $400:00 every season or less.

5 - seeing that what i have written here is based on actual facts and not my opinion from being involved i know that what i am saying is true we should exspect between $500 to $600 a year at this time area and hope each year for the blessed years where it sores above the reasonable amount.

6 sometimes it seems as though we forget how much we love doing this and make it a debate seems as politics to me lately it has not been and will never be just about the money that i can make from ginsenging,but it has alot to do with my heritage and what i have learned my children and what they see in the mountians when they go with me and the beauty of all that God has giving to us I pray that nothing ever takes that from them and that nothing ever takes that from me,because if the zeal and passion for what i love to do is not enough,then i have forgot the true meaning of the gift.I have never taking a guitar lesson yet i can play with any musicain skillfuly,I never ask the Lord to let me love his word and his blessing as a child yet I do,I was never entered into fishing tournements to win them yet i can fish with anyone,am i bosting ? No im just trying to say that God gives us many talents and gifts,ginseng hunting is one more good thing that the Lord has giving to us,let us not talk only about great gaines,but also remember the gift its self and the Lord will provide us with enough gains always he never fails us,why wory so much with the price the price,where is our faith.

Billy.

well done my friend...

Re:Any Updates on Ginseng Price In KY???????????????? 12 years 6 months ago #14706

Billy and Chieftain,
$500 was pretty much what I was thinking and that would keep the market stable.

rootman

Re:Any Updates on Ginseng Price In KY???????????????? 12 years 6 months ago #14740

buyer in kenton county ky is paying 450 pound dry depending on the quality maybe higher 513-377-5019 or 513-255-7905

Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds

Who's Online

We have 447 guests and no members online

Login