2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: selling ginseng price???

selling ginseng price??? 14 years 10 months ago #1387

• nicksmom34
  • nicksmom34's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I have a lady in mo. where i live and she wants to buy ginseng and i told her to wait until september 1,09 . How much do i sell it for per pound?
Tracey

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:selling ginseng price??? 14 years 10 months ago #1391

It is just according to how much it is going for. Last year it was going for around 325 on average at the closing of season. Here in ky at the beginning of season it opened for around 425 but didn't stay there long at all, and it started falling fast. Usually though on average it goes for about 350 and some years like 2 years ago it sold for almost 1100. I remember back when i was in highschool about 10 years ago it got up to 525 a pound, and me and my papaw thought that was unreal and thought it would never get that high again. Also tracy its up to you to decide how much your roots are worth, we diggers put a lot of hard hours in (but we love it) just to give it all away for nearly nothing.

Re:selling ginseng price??? 14 years 10 months ago #1394

• tracey
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thank you that give me a idea of how much it is. But how much will it go for this year??
Tracey

Re:selling ginseng price??? 14 years 9 months ago #1429

Nobody can say for sure what the price will be this year, but I have talked to several buyers this year from several different states and they are expecting it to be between 350 and 400.
I have several dry pounds left from last year. I held on to it because the price went down to around 250 toward the end of the season. If it opens at over 400 a dry pound this year I'll probably sell it quick.

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds

Who's Online

We have 139 guests and no members online

Login