2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: ginseng price

ginseng price 15 years 2 months ago #1074

anyone know the price of seng in kentucky and where to sell

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:ginseng price 15 years 2 months ago #1078

$325.00 here in ILL.

Re:ginseng price 14 years 9 months ago #1310

• tracey
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
how much is ginseng gong for in mo.???

Re:ginseng price 14 years 9 months ago #1347

• olejoe
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi tracey,I live in Mo. what part of are you in.?just found this site . it was 300 last yr.

Re:ginseng price 14 years 9 months ago #1365

• nicksmom34
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I live out in the sticks.Where do you live?
Tracey

Re:ginseng price 14 years 7 months ago #1556

• Digger
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Here in Western North Carolina the prices are starting small at 75 per pound green...Hope it gets better though. 2006 saw a close of price reach nearly 400 per pound.

Re:ginseng price 14 years 7 months ago #1558

• tony
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
if you dont mind me asking who is giving that for green i will have some for him sunday do you have a number thank you

Re:ginseng price 14 years 7 months ago #1559

I thought the season didn't start in N. Carolina until September 1st. Am I wrong? How could anyone be buying green right now?

Re:ginseng price 14 years 7 months ago #1565

yeah Tony as far as i know no one has a season open right now. You need not to dig right now. You are only hurting yourself by digging this early anyway. Digging a plant that has green berries on it is killing the seed out. Unless you are one of those poachers that just doesn't care. I can tell you aren't on here much because all of us members on this website love the sport and go by the law to insure that it will be here for years to come for us and our kids but if you are one of those that just don't care and greed is all you think about at least let me give you a tip that my grandfather gave me. See here in Ky season opens a little early and some of the seng that i use to dig (i now no longer do this since i have gotten older and a little wiser and practice good stewardship) would have green berries on it so after you cut the stem off of the root you can put the stem back in the ground and the berries will still get ripe without the root. I know this works because i have done it and went back in the area where i done it and fount the berries to be ripe. You can also do this on a plant if all the berries are not ripe on one that you dig.

Re:ginseng price 14 years 7 months ago #1566

Hey, Tony I read another post that I am assuming is yours, the one about the color of your ginseng being red. If that is you I assume that you are from Tennessee where the season does indeed open on the 15th of August.
The problem or confusion is that you responded to a post from someone living in N.Carolina where the season doesn't open for two more weeks.
Just to let you know in case you don't know. If you live in Tennessee and dig ginseng in that state it is illegal for you to sell it in another state without certification from The DNR.
It doesn't hurt anyone if you sell out of your home state. The point I'm making is that you could be fined if you're caught. It's always better to follow the law and keep it safe.
I recieved an email from a buyer in California who asked me to sell him some dry roots that I have left from last season. Since I live in Indiana I had to tell him no and explain to him about the certification the DNR requires. Beleive me I would have loved to sell those roots, but the law is the law.
Besides if you are from Tennessee you should have no problem fining a buyer. This web page has a list of dealers in your state.

Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds

Who's Online

We have 595 guests and no members online

Login