2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: price update...

price update... 15 years 3 months ago #1018

well I called some buyer's today and once again the bottom has fallen out .....got a price as low as $100 a pound... up to $250.00 a pound....two buyer's didn't want it at any price...one buyer that I have sold to in the past say's don't look for any price movement this year or next...he said he is looking at 3 year's down the road before the price rebound's..now I know this guy pretty well and I'v sold him several pound's over the years and everthing he has told me in the past was right on the money...so I have no reason to dout him...i know this is not what you guy's want to here ...I didn't want to hear it either....i never got an offer of $300.00 a pound for nine pound's..and I called 6 diffrent buyer's today.....2 buyers deal direct with overseas buyer's and they didn't even seem interested at any price...say's the sang in the usa is still setting in the usa and not moving..didn't really want to buy much more till they move what they have..one told me that the shipment's overseas have ground to a halt...he told me he had 400 pound's to ship and the overseas buyer he sell's to told him not to ship it...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:price update... 15 years 3 months ago #1019

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
That is sure enough bad news Chieftain our dealer is paying $272 a pound rite now,but I dont no for how long if it dont change prety quick,he is still confident in a small boost around the 1st.I dont know why,but he is.......Hope the best for everyone here.

Billy.

Re:price update... 15 years 3 months ago #1020

I sure was dissapointed when I got off the phone..Billy...my most reliable buyer that i trust say's the problem now is that with all the sang sitting around in the usa.that it will take most of next year for the market to take it all in..i hope something changes so the digger's can get a fair price....

Re:price update... 15 years 3 months ago #1021

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
I hear ya Chieftain I too am very dissapointed this year.It looks as tho I will have to sit on 10 lb of great root.Chieftain I will ask your advice on something If I have to store this root what is the best way to preserve it.I thought that putting it in the freezer would be a good idea,but I would like to know another good diggers opinion ?

Thanks,
Billy.

Re:price update... 15 years 3 months ago #1022

I have stored in the freezer before...i would use a container [with a lid]rather than a bag...my buddy store's his in large shoe box's in the top shelf of his closet and his look's as good the next year as it did when he took it off the drying screen's...i would think anywhere that has low humdity would be good...

Re:price update... 15 years 3 months ago #1023

Well guys maybe this slump will let the sang have a good chance of coming back strong in the woods.The guys that dig any size plants out of season might slow down and stay out of the woods.Hopefully this will end up being a good thing.Got to look for that silver lining to make us feel better.Maybe the woods will get a rest but it will still be hard for me not to go diggin!!

Re:price update... 15 years 3 months ago #1026

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
I agree

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds

Who's Online