2024 Summer/Fall Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Pre-orders accepted for pre-set shipping dates
* Ginseng Rootlets: Pre-orders accepted for fall shipment in October
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: Beyfuss- Wild Simulated Roots

Re:Beyfuss- Wild Simulated Roots 13 years 1 month ago #9194

TNhunter, Latt, K_duce

I noticed that Bob said that the roots were \"about 9 yrs old\". I think that he selected some of the best roots he had in order to come up with such large/heavy roots.

I found a few articles that suggest any where from 200-350 dried roots equal a pound. Thats for Wild-Simulated.

Here a quote from a KY state article.

\"Cultivated roots
can be expected to yield at least 1,500 to 2,000
pounds dry weight per acre with 100 to 250 dry
roots to a pound. Wild-simulated roots may yield
closer to 100 to 600 pounds per acre and contain
200 to 350 dry roots per pound.\"

I plan to start harvesting in about 3 years. At that time, I will have roots 8,9 and 10 years old. The longer the roots grow, the lower the number of roots it will take to make up a
pound.

I would think that 250-300 of my roots should make a pound. I will find out. Some Day!

TNhunter

That is an Awesome Root! If we only had soil to grow roots like that!

Thanks,
classicfur

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Beyfuss- Wild Simulated Roots 13 years 1 month ago #9200

Hey Guys

I emailed Bob Befuss, to ask what his seed source was. Since all the seeds I have planted over the past 6 years have come from shade grown plants in Wisconsin( Hsu's Ginseng) I was curious to find out Bobs seeds were from cultavated plants also. I wanted to know, especially since he had gotten such a good price for his roots.

Here's what Bob said:

\"Hi Jeff
Most of my seeds come from field grown Canadian seed now, but those roots were grown from Field grown Wisconsin seed. The longer you can wait, the more valuable your wild simulated ginseng will be. Some people expect to harvest in five or six years but 9 years is much more realistic.
Bob\"

sites.google.com/site/drbobsginseng/home/about-me

I know it has been asked before on this forum, Whether cultivated shade grown seeds will produce root as valuable as roots grown from woods grown seed?

I would say that the answer is yes!

classicfur

Re:Beyfuss- Wild Simulated Roots 13 years 1 month ago #9208

so, working for a co-op... it's interesting to think about. Worthy of another fresh post!

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds

Who's Online

We have 71 guests and no members online

Login