2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ginseng Growers Manual

Ginseng Growers Manual 13 years 8 months ago #4390

I have gotten alot of valuable info from Scott Persons Ginseng Manual. And in his book he list a web site for the British Columbia Ginseng Growers Manual. This online manual as been very helpful to me for identifying and treating diseases of my own ginseng plants. Here is the website. www.agf.gov.bc.ca/speccrop/ginseng/ginseng_production_guide.htm

Another site that Scott Persons lists is the Ginseng Crop Updates from Ontario Canada.
apps.omafra.gov.on.ca/scripts/english/crops/agriphone/index.asp
For some reason the Crop Updates website above is wrong. take out the two dashes in the scripts section of the web address.

This last site talks about various problems with ginseng like diseases and heat stress with excellent photos of those problems with ginseng.

I have used all three of these resources many times for my Wild simulated Ginseng.

Hope this info is helpful to others.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Ginseng Growers Manual 13 years 8 months ago #4410

Thanks. Those were helpful links, especially the chapter on controlling disease. Problem is, a lot of those chemicals aren't available at your neighborhood garden, nursery, farm store.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds

Who's Online

We have 170 guests and no members online

Login