2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: does replanting effect root shape?

does replanting effect root shape? 6 years 7 months ago #40458

i did the rake and broadcast method of about 1500 stratified wild grown seeds. If they are over crowded I plan to dig them up and move them, will it effect the shape of the root? After 10 years I expect to loose all but 10 percent as i'm not tilling or spraying, i'll probably come in and hand weed and throw some gypsum down on occasion but that's about it. We don't have a lot of deer running through the property probably because of the dogs. I'm planting 5,000 stratified seeds next week, they have been arriving humid and slightly open, i'm hoping after this year's cold season will be 2 years total on the seeds leading to some seedlings in the spring to relocate. After 3 or 4 years of planting seeds I hope to have some producing seeds for me to continue to plant across this 40 acres of maples. The PH seems reasonable for sane in this area but i'm thinking some added calcium i have left over from the farmers coop wont hurt a couple times a season broadcast around.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

does replanting effect root shape? 6 years 7 months ago #40465

Back around 2009 I transplanted some small 2 prongers to a location near my home, just to watch them grow and collect berries off them eventually.

They did grow and did well, and I have since harvested some of them (one turned into a nice 4 prong a couple years ago), and the roots looked great. Nothing unusual.

I took good care of them, kept them moist after digging them up (mixed in with wet leaves) and planted them as soon as I got back to my home.

Good Luck

TNHunter

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds

Who's Online

We have 493 guests and no members online

Login