2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: Woodsgrown - tell me what you think?

Woodsgrown - tell me what you think? 7 years 5 months ago #39607

These are three year old, no fertilizer, some gypsum added. Total wt 1.95 oz.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Woodsgrown - tell me what you think? 7 years 5 months ago #39608

Six year old, raised beds. Total weight on these 4 root is 2.40 oz. No fertilizer, some lime when I planted them & a little gypsum after that.
Attachments:

Re:Woodsgrown - tell me what you think? 7 years 5 months ago #39609

These are 7 year old wild simulated. Total wt .90 oz. They are a little small for their age. Good soil but it's a little too shady where these are planted.
Attachments:

Re:Woodsgrown - tell me what you think? 7 years 5 months ago #39610

I think those 7 year olds look good, getting some nice stress rings. The younger roots should start getting more wild looking in time. How old do you plan on letting these get before harvest?

Re:Woodsgrown - tell me what you think? 7 years 5 months ago #39611

Lenno - Since the 7 year olds are wild simulated, I'll have to let them go until they are at least 10 years old. I may let them go a little longer. The 3-6 yr olds are woodsgrown, I would like to start digging when they are about 8 years old. Depends on the market, how they look and what I can get for them. Some of them I will probably let go to 10 years old.

Re:Woodsgrown - tell me what you think? 7 years 4 months ago #39614

I think they all look good, each group, considering age, size, shape. Some nice forking going on.

Or course the wild sim looks more like true wild.... but they all look good to me.

You must have some good ground and light conditions to be getting those kind of results.

Congrats !

TNHunter

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds

Who's Online

We have 586 guests and no members online

Login