2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: hot temps

Re:hot temps 7 years 7 months ago #38798

Natureflixs I probably will do the same thing just find the best spot I can and one that is not so hard to work with and get ready to plant and just try it out i guess .
I plan on doing a lot of different spots maybe 5 or 6 see which ones work best and then add more to those spots that do . Appreciate the info will take all the advice I can get especially about mistakes that I can avoid . You do not do any soil samples or anything like that ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:hot temps 7 years 7 months ago #38799

No soil samples. My soil is what it is and ginseng will grow in it. Now if I were to get real scientific and grow on a larger scale and I had more land then slope orientation and soil makeup would be important.

Re:hot temps 7 years 7 months ago #38800

Hi Jd I know I'm new to this but I've been reading and paying attention to where I find ginseng. Not that I've found very much, I have found a lot of the companion plants though. I do have a suggestion check the ground when your out is it really dry or is it wet and moist. Might try digging down a little maybe and inch or two here and there to see how dry it is.

As to how to find a north facing hill my husband bought me a compass because he was afraid I would get lost. I thought that was funny, anyway if the compass is pointing north just turn around, that's what I do, GPS does NOT work out here.

Don't know if that helped or not but good luck.

Anita

Re:hot temps 7 years 7 months ago #38802

Natureflixs I am lucky and have a lot of land I have access to do not know how long that will last but I am hoping for at least 4 to 5 years haha . I hope to grow on a large scale one day but for now I just want to get the hang of it and get at least half way good at growing it.I am like you with soil samples though I highly doubt I will ever get any done. I figure if I can just find a spot with the right trees around the soil should be good enough anyway. Appreciate your help though especially with letting me know the temps you have been growing in I had it set in my mind that it was to hot to survive here, I am starting to think that about myself Lol .

Re:hot temps 7 years 7 months ago #38803

Hey Anita do not feel bad I am new to it all to. New to growing and to this site. Only companion plants I have found here are a couple of the types of trees it likes to grow under and some ferns. Far as soil moistness goes it depends on where I check it like at the bottom of a hill or on top or by a creek . But whenever it rains a good rain it stays wet long after for the most part . Plus the spot i have in mind is not to far from a creek on either side of the spot i plan to grow so water should not be a problem for me . Comes down to it I will have to get a bucket and go to work watering . I do not think I will worry about the compass thing . If it tells me i am facing north and i turn around wouldn't that be south?

Re:hot temps 7 years 7 months ago #38804

Lets say you were on top of a ridge the compass is pointing north, you start walking north down the hill, now your on the north slope, but if you turned around and started back up the slope you would be going south so you would be climbing the north slope.

Probable not a very good explanation but the best I could come up with. Anyway good luck.
Anita

Re:hot temps 7 years 7 months ago #38805

Yea I kind of get it doesn't seem that hard to understand I guess . Still probably will not worry about the actual side of the ground I am planting on . Last thing I need is to make it any harder than it already is haha . Appreciate the info though may end up using it if I have no luck .

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds

Who's Online

We have 592 guests and no members online

Login