2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng

TOPIC: Seng Up !!!

Re:Seng Up !!! 7 years 10 months ago #38355

Sweet Hobbler.
Awesome WILD ginseng ready to grow up and make more WILD ginseng babies some day. Great stuff.

PS.
Tran,
I still have seed popping up slowly here in central Ohio. Very late for this area. Wonder why so early for you in PA and late here. Hummm?? Makes no sense. I guess it could be the origin of the seed and the weather.
My seed is from a southern state.

Latt

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Seng Up !!! 7 years 10 months ago #38356

Most of mine is up in southeast Ohio. I got green seed from two different vendors in fall of 2014. They came up this year. The one-year rootlets I planted in fall of '14 are at exactly 79%. Even got one three prong. The three year old ones I planted from a different vendor the same year are less than 1%. Wildgrown seeds are kickin' rear! Looks like very few lost from year one to year two. Even the seeds I planted amongst the club moss is doing well.

Attachments:

Re:Seng Up !!! 7 years 10 months ago #38357

Well doubled the club moss seng. Here's the three year old three prong.

Attachments:

Re:Seng Up !!! 7 years 10 months ago #38358

All the ginseng grown from Wisconsin seed seems to be up here in Central Illinois. Had some warm weather in March and a few pop up in the middle of March. The earliest I have had any come up! The rest has been coming up since.
Attachments:

Re:Seng Up !!! 7 years 10 months ago #38359

The ginseng grown from my Illinois seed is running quite a bit behind. This picture was taken today and about 3/4ths of it is up. It is always later than the WI seed.
Attachments:

Re:Seng Up !!! 7 years 10 months ago #38360

All this green stuff looks good , Makes me anxious :woohoo:

Re:Seng Up !!! 7 years 10 months ago #38361

Here in the nort, I have some that popped up 3 weeks ago and some thats still popping up as of yesterday.

Re:Seng Up !!! 7 years 10 months ago #38368

Well after planting my rootlets in the fall of 2014 I lost all hope of re-establishing ginseng in our area of NEPA (northeast PA). Then this Sat 5-14 found 13 plants right where I put the root a year and a half before. Just letting others know the rootlets did nothing till this year so don't get discouraged. Will be out this weekend looking to see if the seed came up that was planted at the same time. PS I could not have had this success without this forum. I read the \"BOOK\" on ginseng. But it was the wide variety of opinions from across the country (N_S_E_W) that helped with the location of the grow. THANK YOU ALL!!!!!! I'll update with more pics soon I hope.
Hezzy
Attachments:

Re:Seng Up !!! 7 years 10 months ago #38369

Sorry needed to resize pic. Enjoy
Attachments:

Re:Seng Up !!! 7 years 10 months ago #38370

Last try! If this didn't work look at my avatar :)

Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds

Who's Online

We have 451 guests and no members online

Login