2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: Seeder

Seeder 8 years 7 months ago #37247

Has any one ever used a earth way seeder and had success planting seed in the woods. I'm not sure if it would work or not but if it does that would save a pile of time.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Seeder 8 years 7 months ago #37249

Look on my 30 lbs of seed post.

Re:Seeder 8 years 7 months ago #37251

I've piddled around with growing wild simulated ginseng for a lot of years now. At first, it was rake and scatter, but when that came out too thick, and blighted out and died, I went to planting it by hand one seed at a time, very thin in good natural habitat and I had some success doing that. This year, I'm planting again and I got one of those ECF seeders from BCastle on here. I'm in no way affiliated with him, but I gotta say this is the best investment I've ever made for planting the way I like to. I can get right up in the underbrush and plant the seeds in exactly the kinds of places I typically find good wild ginseng and without ever even bending over, plus it's at a good depth and much quicker than by hand too. Might look into it.

Re:Seeder 8 years 7 months ago #37255

Thanks for the kind words Hound.

Willyb,

I use the Earthway to plant woodsgrown in tilled beds. I've tried to use it to plant wild sim and it just doesn't seem to work too handily when you are dealing with rocks, limbs, twigs and roots which you have in the woods. You can clear (rake or blow) off an area and depending on your ground and the ground cover get hit or miss results planting wild sim with the Earthway.

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds

Who's Online

We have 672 guests and no members online

Login