2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: Slug Control?

Slug Control? 8 years 8 months ago #36397

I have 30 or so test plots out and I'm planning a major planting for the fall. The sang is growing pretty well, although it appears that I do have slug problems in some areas. I'm thinking next year it would be wise to implement a slug control program. Anyone have advice? Thanks!

Boon

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Slug Control? 8 years 8 months ago #36398

Re:Slug Control? 8 years 8 months ago #36399

I like Sluggo...as i have not tried the newer Deadline products.

In either case, get an iron phosphate product. It is non toxic to anything but slugs and snails and it is absolutely lethal to them.

Re:Slug Control? 8 years 8 months ago #36400

Thanks for the tips guys. So lets say I have an acre of plants going...do you sprinkle the deadline or sluggo on the borders of the beds or in the beds or both? How often do you apply throughout the growing season?

Boon

Re:Slug Control? 8 years 8 months ago #36407

I am new to the site.I have yet to find any wild growing in my area but have been planting and having slug problem. I am trying copper mesh around my small plots.

Re:Slug Control? 8 years 8 months ago #36410

Deadline is tiny blue pellets. I just take a had full of the pellets and throw them in the seng beds. They hold up well but eventually disappear after a while. Then you just repeat the process.
Thanks,
Dave

Re:Slug Control? 8 years 8 months ago #36424

Thanks for the tips Latt. Do you find the deadline to be fairly effective? Is there a certain time of the season thats better to apply than others?

Re:Slug Control? 8 years 8 months ago #36432

Deadline is very effective and holds up well. I like the spring application and just hit the beds when needed throughout the growing season.
Good luck,
Latt

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds

Who's Online

We have 298 guests and no members online

Login