2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: Greetings, all!

Greetings, all! 13 years 10 months ago #3592

I'm new to the site and thought I'd send out a hello to everyone. I'm in KY and have been growing ginseng for about 7 years here and 11 years in AR. Mostly just grow it and replant the seeds or give them away. One of these days, I'll have some good roots to dig! This wet spring has my plants real tall this year!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Greetings, all! 13 years 10 months ago #3593

I think you will find this site very helpful. What part of KY are you growing?

Re:Greetings, all! 13 years 10 months ago #3594

I've seen a lot of good information so far! I'm in central KY.

Re:Greetings, all! 13 years 10 months ago #3606

I'm in central KY, too, down near the KY river. Did a test seeding of my forest hills last spring, and got excellent results. A few sprouts have been pulled up out of the ground, still trying to figure out what's doing that, with a game camera. Probably turkeys.

Like any farming, it's trial and error, every piece of land is just a little bit different. I got a fair idea of what sort of surroundings the seeds like from last spring's planting, they sure love to grow under an osage orange bush. Plan on taking the learnings from this spring, and seeding heavier next fall.

You selling any seeds or 2-3YO roots? I'm looking for both to put out in the fall, and some next spring. Want to see how much better fall planting does.

I'm just jazzed that I found something that can be raised on this craggy piece of land I have. The more I read about sang, the more my hills looked perfect - 80% hardwood shade, bloodroot, wild ginger and jack in the pulpit already growing there.

Need any bloodroot? I got plenty.

Re:Greetings, all! 13 years 9 months ago #3610

Sorry got plenty of bloodroot. I'm in central KY near the river as well. Just starting out. Looks to doing OK so far. If you don't mind my asking, what county are you in?

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds

Who's Online

We have 563 guests and no members online

Login