2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: My 40 year old 4 prong

My 40 year old 4 prong 8 years 9 months ago #35885

This plant has been in this tuper wear container now for roughly 40 years and has an insanely big root, just wanted to share and show you all how its doing. On schedule to produce its red berries with seeds for early to mid September for our climate around here. Also have two 10 year old plants that are in a different garden with 10 bloodroot and 10 goldenseal plants those are all down for the season do to transplant shock and also have two other 3 prongs that are between 5-10 years old and they are doing good for the season except the one plant lost a couple leaves do to a branch falling on it. Have a great day everyone! - Andrew
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:My 40 year old 4 prong 8 years 9 months ago #35888

Welcome to this forum, And145.

The plant in the photo is your 40 yo?

Re:My 40 year old 4 prong 8 years 9 months ago #35891

Thank you glad to be here Whitjr. And yes its my plant its 40 years old.

Re:My 40 year old 4 prong 8 years 9 months ago #35892

That's pretty neat that you have been able to keep it in that same container for 40 years. The plant looks good and that container has held up like a new one for it to have been outside.

Re:My 40 year old 4 prong 8 years 9 months ago #35895

Yea i clean the container every now an again to keep it from breaking down to much, and yea the root is very big, could easily way 1/6th of a pound alone. Very cool to see them get this big.

Re:My 40 year old 4 prong 8 years 9 months ago #35896

Simply amazing! Being able to care for a plant in a container that long is quite the accomplishment. Looks like you recently added some fresh dirt by the live root fragments on top and the spill over on the floor. How often do you have to add dirt to a container that size?

Re:My 40 year old 4 prong 8 years 9 months ago #35897

And145 - that container looks to be newer than 40 years old... must be a replacement container, I'm guessing.

It would be great to see a photo of that big root. perhaps you have one to post? How tall is the plant?

What state do you reside in? I'm thinking that the 'sang root must've been planted around the time of the fall of Siagon.

Re:My 40 year old 4 prong 8 years 9 months ago #35900

The container has been kept in extremely good shape for being as old as it is. And unfortunately i don't have a picture of it to post. The plant is roughly 18 inches tall. Were in PA, and yes its been around quite a long time.

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds

Who's Online

We have 365 guests and no members online

Login