2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng

TOPIC: Starting a Ginseng farm in ca wild simulated

Re:Starting a Ginseng farm in ca wild simulated 9 years 8 months ago #29602

TnTrader wrote:

Greencure,

If I read your plan correctly what you are proposing would be woods cultivated ginseng, not wild simulated. By tilling the soil and trucking in outside soil you are changing the environment substantially and the roots will reflect that in their growth and harvested appearance. Without the appearance of wild grown , the value of the roots is far less. Often less than the cost of growing it.
Ginseng requires a variety of trace nutrients that come from the trees it grows with also. Having only oaks and pines providing detritus you may find it necessary to add the nutrients chemically, which will also change the root.

I will not add any chemicals I will shred all leafs and spread them out I will only use organic additives that the laboratory tells me to use and I will not touch these for 6 or 8 years depending on how well I am doing

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Starting a Ginseng farm in ca wild simulated 9 years 8 months ago #29603

Thank you all for helping me I hope in some way I can return the favor another day

Re:Starting a Ginseng farm in ca wild simulated 9 years 8 months ago #29621

Post back with status updates after you get started. I'm very curious to see if a ginseng operation can get up and running in a non-native habitat area of the country.

Re:Starting a Ginseng farm in ca wild simulated 9 years 8 months ago #29624

I sure will buddy and thank you all for your input I will just plant 1 acre next year and see how it does and let everyone know gonna do 12 inch spacing for a 200'x200' foot area I will wash the stratified seeds in a 1 part to 5 part bleach solution for 8 mins each wash then wash that off in filtered water then do a 1 part vitamin 1 to 3 parts water dip then plant and let them hopefully grow

Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds

Who's Online

We have 390 guests and no members online

Login