2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: Tradin Seeds

Re:Tradin Seeds 12 years 3 months ago #16543

Jughead,
Lets touch base late this summer and I will send you some seeds for both. Both Goldenseal and Blootroot seeds need to be planted 1/4 inch below the soil surface in areas where ginseng grows well. They will take two seasons to come up just like ginseng seed if it is not stratified. I plant them both like I do ginseng seed with the raking, scratching them in, and then re-raking the leaves back on.

The seeds are small and it's important not to put too many per square foot as they will spread out when they grow unlike ginseng. 1 oz of goldenseal and bloodroot seeds go a long way. By the way it's OK to rake a 5 x 5 foot spot and sow some seeds and then pick another spot to plant a 5 x 5 spot and so on and so on. They will spread out nicely and do not need to be planted in long rows. How about Black Cohosh fellas. Does it spread like goldenseal and bloodroot or is it more like ginseng?
Thanks again,
Latt

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Tradin Seeds 12 years 3 months ago #16552

Will do Latt.;) As far as I know Cohosh Spreads like fire once it gets established.As far as Growth rate I have no Idea how fast.

Re:Tradin Seeds 12 years 2 months ago #16564

Lenno,
Got my Black Cohosh roots today. They are really nice looking roots with well established growth buds for this springs sprouting. I am going to plant them deep enough for the growth-bud to be 2 to 3 inches below the soil surface. It that about right on depth?

How do they hold up to sun. I have a partially shaded area but it gets full sun from 3 to 8 pm in the summer. Can they handle the direct sunlight for that long?

This is the same planting bed that I put in an awesome monster sized wild trillium root that classicfur sent to me from Maine. It's planted towards the back of the area that gets more shade. Can't wait to see it this summer.

I want to put the Black Cohosh in front to help shade some Goldenseal, Bloodroot and Ginseng seeds I planted in there.
Thanks a million,
Latt

Re:Tradin Seeds 12 years 2 months ago #16565

Latt, That sounds about right on the depth, not really sure about that much sun but I think they will be ok there. Hopefully these roots will produce a lot of seeds for you over the years.

Lenno

Re:Tradin Seeds 12 years 2 months ago #16566

Latt you should be OK with that much sun.I have found Cohosh Growing in Nearly Full Sun before.

Re:Tradin Seeds 12 years 2 months ago #16567

Thanks for the info fellas,
Latt

Re:Tradin Seeds 11 years 6 months ago #20458

Latt, Are you still looking for some Cohosh seeds? I picked a few over the weekend, and can mail them to you if you want them.

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds

Who's Online

We have 616 guests and no members online

Login