2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: Tradin Seeds

Tradin Seeds 12 years 2 months ago #16449

hillbilly or anyone else,
Any chance you can get me some Black Cohosh seeds this year when they are ripe for the pickin? I can pay you for them or trade you for some Goldenseal or Bloodroot seeds that I will have. Not a lot of Black Cohosh around here anymore and I would like to get some started.
Thanks,
Latt

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Tradin Seeds 12 years 2 months ago #16450

Latt,
If you send a reminder later this summer I'd be glad to pick and send you some. Got plenty around here.

Re:Tradin Seeds 12 years 2 months ago #16452

OK great! Thanks fiddler!
Latt

Re:Tradin Seeds 12 years 2 months ago #16473

• BFB
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • North Central, WV
Hey Latt,

Here is something I did this past late Spring, and early Summer:

There isn't much Cohosh growing natural up in my 'seng planting area, but there are some nice patches here locally. I had some local permissions, so on occasion, I would dig a couple and pot them for transplant. I took the whole plant, root (with a good clump of surrounding soil) and all, and transported 'em up to my 'seng planting area, whereupon I set them back out. I quit doing this right before they went to seed, but by late June, or very early July, I had transplanted about 15 nice mature plants. Hopefully, they will survive up in and around my 'seng beds. If they look like they're gonna make it, I'll do the same this coming season.

I was just thinking that if you knew of any patches along some of your travels, maybe you could do the same.

Also, from some of these local patches, I'll try and remember to collect some seed for you.

Bill

Re:Tradin Seeds 12 years 2 months ago #16474

Thanks BFB, Another forum member is going to send me some roots soon too and fiddler might send me some seed too. I'll take some seeds if ya have any next summer. I just don't see much Black Cohosh around here at all. I can send you some goldenseal or blood root seed or roots too if ya want some.
Thanks again,
Latt

Re:Tradin Seeds 12 years 2 months ago #16529

Latt, Sent your black cohosh roots today.:)

Re:Tradin Seeds 12 years 2 months ago #16531

Thanks a million Lenno!!!!
I really appreciate it! I sent you an email too.
Latt

Re:Tradin Seeds 12 years 2 months ago #16538

Hey Latt If you need me to I can send you some Black Cohosh Seeds too.It Grows like weeds Around here.Just let me know.I'm in NE TN

Re:Tradin Seeds 12 years 2 months ago #16540

Thanks Jughead, I sure wouldn't turn down some seeds. With the roots Lenno sent and some seeds I might be able to start a heck of a crop of Black Cohosh.
Jughead, I can send you some Goldenseal and Bloodroot seeds this fall if ya want some.
Thanks,
Latt

Re:Tradin Seeds 12 years 2 months ago #16541

May try a few of each Latt.The Bloodroot I was taking care of at work got wiped out because of construction and Goldenseal is nearly non existent around these parts.It may be non existent since I haven't found any growing.I've covered a lot of territory too.I tried putting some seeds in but they never made it.:S
If anyone knows where I can get some maiden hair fern spores I would appreciate it.I've ordered around 100 spores but don't know if they will make it or not.Small roots will work too.;)

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds

Who's Online

We have 143 guests and no members online

Login