2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: Blight (Need help ASAP)

Blight (Need help ASAP) 14 years 8 months ago #1486

Hey everyone need help asap checked on my patch yesterday and found a lot of blight on some of my older bunches. It has already killed some young seng. I need to know what type of spray that works and where you can buy it. I seem to have misplaced my book by scott persons and need your alls help. Anyone with any info would greatly be appreciated.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Blight (Need help ASAP) 14 years 8 months ago #1487

I've read that rovral will help with blight. Never tried it myself though.

Re:Blight (Need help ASAP) 14 years 8 months ago #1491

take some pic so I can see what it lookes like please.

Re:Blight (Need help ASAP) 14 years 8 months ago #1492

I've got to meet w/ my apple spray dealer tomorrow. He's quite knowledgable in all ag maladys. I'll see if he knows anything about what it may be and what you may be able to use for sprays.

Re:Blight (Need help ASAP) 14 years 8 months ago #1497

hey guys thanks for all the help but i fount a spray for blight. It is called captan. it is pretty common and you can find it in almost all farm and garden stores. Also to kill the blight they told me to use shock it the same stuff you use on a swimming pool. Just mix it weak and spray it. Then you spray with the fungicide. The guy that told me this is a real big time ginseng farmer.

Re:Blight (Need help ASAP) 14 years 8 months ago #1498

Captan is a broad based fungiside that we use in our orchards as our base fungiside. I would use a very deluted mix, no more than .16oz per gallon just until you see a drip off of the leaves. There are different consentrates too so make sure to get 80wp for the dlution I just gave you. Some states it is regulated and you need a applictors license. Check w/ your state. I assume if you found it at a garden store it is less strong than what I get so read the directions. What does it say on the label? It should say 80 wp or 40wp, something like that.

The other thing is it most likely will not reverse any damage that has occured by now, but will inhibit the spread. I wish I could help more but I have no experience w/ Captan's use on Sang!

Re:Blight (Need help ASAP) 14 years 8 months ago #1507

maya i forgot to look at the label today to see what weight it was. But in the directions it said for alternia blight not to good on the spelling, but anyway it said one full teaspoon for one gallon of water, and that is what i have been doing. I have never had to deal with spraying in my life. my plants for the most part are pretty spaced out so i have never had to deal with any diseases. So actually maya i am pretty clueless to what i am doing. But so far it hasn't spread to any of the other plants and it doesn't seem to have done anymore damage to the ones infected. its also a bad year for us here in Ky blight has hit everything from our cherry trees, apple trees, and tomatoes. It has been super wet here also probably the reason behind all of this.

Re:Blight (Need help ASAP) 14 years 8 months ago #1509

Use ammount directed. Most ag sprays are done on a per acre volume, but that sounds like it may be right for a gallon ammount, just spray each plant til you see a drip, no more.

Have you gotten a lot of rain this year, might be the reason for so much blight/ fungus. Spraying now will supress the spread.

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds

Who's Online

We have 160 guests and no members online

Login