2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: My Ginseng Website

Re:My Ginseng Website 12 years 10 months ago #10282

Just a note,

the other day I was watching a repo-man program on TV.

The repo men were in the process of repossessing a truck that had been dropped off at a local mechanics shop for some work to be done.

When the owner of the shop came out and saw what was going on, he ran inside, grabbed his pistol, and came out firing wildly at the men. The repo guys jumped in the tow truck for cover, and sped away. The mechanic followed on foot, still firing into the tow truck as it barreled down a populated city street.

The police came and informed the man that it had been a repossession, and not a theft. The man was not charged with any crime, because for all he knew, a theft from his business was underway. We are talking about NO CHARGES for chasing after and emptying a semi automatic's magazine into a tow truck in a city environment!

Unfortunately I forget which state this occurred in, but many in this country are pretty gun-friendly.
Unfortunately, in my state, the laws are not so clear cut. We have an assault weapons ban, yet I have actually had police officers and gun dealers tell me that we don't.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:My Ginseng Website 12 years 10 months ago #10287

Was the repo man on before or after Jerry Springer? I would probably buy some ocean front property in Arizona before believing anything I watched on that show. Dog the Bounty Hunter will be giving a seminar on growing ginseng later on this month if anyone is interested.

Re:My Ginseng Website 12 years 10 months ago #10288

First result on a yahoo search of the show

If you've watched the show \"Operation Repo\" on the truTV cable channel, you've probably wondered if it's real or fake. After all, a repo man could get sued (or even arrested) for laying a hand on a debtor or pepper spraying them without just cause.

While there's little definitive information on the Internet about whether or not Operation Repo is real, here are three facts that may indicate the show is fake:

Fact #1 - Repo Men Cannot Breach the Peace

Putting people in headlocks, shoving people and otherwise engaging in confrontational behavior is against the law. Most repo agents never resort to such extreme measures to repossess vehicles. If they do, they can be held civilly and criminally liable for their actions.

Keep in mind TV - and especially \"reality TV\" - is supposed to entertain people. It's exaggerated.

Most repossessions go-down with little trouble. People already know they're behind on payments, so they're not surprised when the repo man comes for their car. Professional repo men remain calm in in-control at all times. They're aware of the laws and they shouldn't break them.

Fact #2 - There's an Operation Repo Movie Under Production

According to IMDb, there's a move being released by the same name. It features actors and actresses reenacting real events. If the move isn't real, the TV show probably isn't real, either. Matt, the star of the show, even has his own web site with information about his acting career.

Fact #3 - Operation Repo Has a Disclaimer at the Beginning

There is now a disclaimer at the beginning of the show that says it is \"based on real events.\" How accurately the show depicts real events is subjective. Reality sells, whether or not the reenactment is accurate or a complete exaggeration of the truth.

That said, Operation Repo is still an entertaining TV show. Take it with a grain of salt!

Article Source: EzineArticles.com/2255667

Re:My Ginseng Website 12 years 10 months ago #10289

LOL that is all very informative. Thank you.
It actually wasn't a repo show. I should have been specific, now that there are actually entire shows dedicated to this risky profession.

It was on one of those TRU-TV like programs (worlds most amazing?) where it shows you a bunch of crazy car chases and grainy-shoot out videos caught with security videos.
I tried to find the clip on google, but couldn't. :(

If this happened on one of those new reality shows I would have been very critical of what I saw. This looked like it had happened sometime in the 90s based on the quality of the video, the cars involved, and the look of the dudes involved.

edit:
This is not the video I saw, but very similar. This was the actual owner, though.
The case is going to a grand jury to determine if he had the right to shoot.

http://www.khou.com/home/Wrecker-driver-shot-while-repossessing-vehicle-in-southwest-Houston-122310004.html

Does it mean shooting at someone stealing from you is legal? Maybe, in Texas!

Re:My Ginseng Website 12 years 10 months ago #10328

If you shoot your poacher, be sure to bury it somewhere well away from your patch! Just kidding.....

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds

Who's Online

We have 164 guests and no members online

Login