* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
misc roots and herbs
  • Page:

TOPIC: Question about Mayapple

Question about Mayapple 7 years 8 months ago #38629

I've tried to find the answer to this on the internet. I've found mayapple plants but everything I've read says that it has one stem and two leaves. I've found very few with one stem and two leaves. I have found quite a few with one stem and one leaf. My question? Is there a male and female plant or are the ones with one stem and one leaf immature plants.

Thank you
Anita

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Question about Mayapple 7 years 7 months ago #38761

Hey ohwilds

I have noticed this myself and I wish I had an answer for you. Most I have seen have one stem and one leaf. In the fall the plant has a fruit that turns yellow and looks like a lemon. They are very good to eat, but that is all that is edible. The rest of the plant is extremely deadly, expecially the root. I recently read that there are very few doctors in the entire world that can even dectect the effects of mayapple poisen and eating the root will kill.

Re:Question about Mayapple 7 years 7 months ago #38773

I found an answer on wikipedia. I have a lot of little ones growing at the bottome of my hill and some bigger ones next to the fence. They are all one stem one leaf. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Podophyllum

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds

Who's Online

We have 346 guests and no members online

Login