2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
misc roots and herbs
  • Page:

TOPIC: Root and Herb buyers close to western N.C.

Re:Root and Herb buyers close to western N.C. 9 years 7 months ago #30257

wise1 wrote:

O K Frank They are paying $1.00 to $1.25 for green black co-hosh. They did not normally buy green but so many folk had tried to dry it and got mold on it they decided to buy and dry. I got $4.50 for my chopped washed and dried. I got $ 17.50 lb.for my blood root. $180.00 for my green sane.They were happy with my cleanness and preparation,and said they would buy all the co-hosh and blood root and sane I could bring them. Hope this helps Ya.

wise1,

Thanks for the prices and info! I would have to sell pretty much any Black Cohosh, Bloodroot and many other herbs that I can dig as green since I do not have any place to dry the roots. Although I have a storage shed that I could build drying racks inside, it does not have moisture barrier underneath the concrete slab and although the roof is vented, it not only gets extremely hot inside but also gets very humid inside of it, especially with all of the rain we have been getting. My' double open-door garage is no better due to no moisture barrier underneath the concrete slab as well. Either when these were done, they either did not believe they needed a moisture barrier or did not know any better! Maybe I will look into sealing the concrete floor in the storage shed, cut vents low and high in the walls, install mesh wire over the vent holes and install several fans to vent the excessive.

Some may think that I am BS'ing but on about a 10 mile stretch of road in the National Forest near here, I could probably fill the bed of my' 1999 Ford Ranger pickup 20 to 30 times or more with just Black Cohosh roots from the plants growing alongside the road. Yep, it is that thick! If I traveled 50 to 100 yards off the road and dug Black Cohosh, then I could probably fill the bed that many more times again.

Frank

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Root and Herb buyers close to western N.C. 9 years 7 months ago #30321

They is plenty of it for sure.The hardest part is washing it.I take a hatchet and chop it up in about 3/4 inch chunks and take the pressure washer to it.I can dig a sack full in 30 min and it takes me a good hour to chop and wash it.I told the fellow I was giving him the root he was paying me for cleaning it. lol

Re:Root and Herb buyers close to western N.C. 5 years 11 months ago #41047

Hello wise1,
Hope you still look here now and then. I am a root and herb buyer. I do not buy ginseng, but do buy about 200 other roots and herbs, both popular ones, and ones almost no one has heard of. I pay well and on time. I'm looking for a reliable supplier. You sound like you might be just that. If you want to supplement your income in a stable ongoing way, please get in touch with me.
Yours, Pa Bro

Re:Root and Herb buyers close to western N.C. 5 years 9 months ago #41161

Pa Bro, what is your contact information? I am interested in speaking with you about what roots you are looking for.

Re:Root and Herb buyers close to western N.C. 5 years 9 months ago #41178

Not sure if my reply to you went through. My email address is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Re:Root and Herb buyers close to western N.C. 5 years 8 months ago #41183

I still drop by occasionally,I have taken a full time job that has put a end to my root digging. I miss it bad but health insurance and benefits are important.

Re:Root and Herb buyers close to western N.C. 5 years 8 months ago #41242

Hi wise1,
Sure understand the importance of health insurance and benefits. If you ever feel the urge to do some part time root digging, please let me know.
Pa Bro

Re:Root and Herb buyers close to western N.C. 5 years 8 months ago #41243

Hi Edensforest,
If you see this, send me an email at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. I am interested in buying a lot of roots and herbs.
Pa Bro

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds

Who's Online

We have 717 guests and no members online

Login