2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Cultivating hens

Re:Cultivating hens 8 years 1 week ago #38232

Latt, maybe we ask the owner of the site to set up a mushroom growing sub title. it would be fun.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Cultivating hens 8 years 1 week ago #38233

Latt most of my study time and research has changed to the effect of mushrooms have on the forest setting bio-culture. Soil building thru fungus tissue break down of host objects is a life long study in its own. Still looking for a fungus that grows well with ginseng. When you search the web and see those monster roots and wonder how that could be I would bet my paycheck a fungus had a key part of that process thru soil building... It's interesting!!!!

Re:Cultivating hens 8 years 1 week ago #38235

Tran you can start one under this Mushroom section.
Also what about mycorrhizae Trichoderma for bigger roots. Here is a link below from 3 years ago.
Any thoughts?

Re:fungicides, mycorrhizae and more 3 Years ago
I agree with TN. 10 % bleach solution is fine for tailing or smiling ginseng seeds. I just thought you were entertaining the idea of using AMF and bleach would kill it. Here is a _link_ below pertaining to AMF. Pics of roots treated with AMF are NOTICIBLY larger larger and healthier than without.

www.ampacbiotech.net/research/ginseng/ginsengslide.html

www.wildgrown.com/index.php/Ginseng-Foru...nd-Ginseng.html#8107

Good luck,
Latt

Re:Cultivating hens 8 years 1 week ago #38236

Latt, my experience with tric. is it's the most common forest mold thru out the world. Years ago I grew some out on agar plates to try and cause a trigger for my yellow morel projects to fruit. My thought was to introduce it to my spawn run to cause stress and make the morel matrix fruit to leave that hostile environment. It didn't work!!! What I found out is the opposite they live with each other with a ying and yang cause and effect. As the morel matrix stressed the tric gained, but the morel over came the stress and gained and vice versa. I would never bleach a seed but that's me. I want that host to form that relationship at that point of it's nutrient value at that give time. I think that stress ying and yang is the key to soil building at any given time. Good read Latt is Mycelium Running by Paul Stamets worth every dollar.

Re:Cultivating hens 8 years 1 week ago #38237

I would not use a tric. strain as my treatment slurry for my roots because it is everywhere in a forest setting but find that culture of mold or fungi that give the best ying and yang effect. I am testing morels at his point and time and about four years into it I have seen mixed results. I planted some of my seeds on not the best soil profile with great results and ones with good soil profile with poor results. It will take years to see the effect of this testing. Moisture is the key effect on any given year when doing this testing, it truly is a life long study.

Re:Cultivating hens 8 years 1 week ago #38238

Thanks Tran,
I have watched Paul Stamets videos on youtube for hours upon hours. What an amazing perspective on his beliefs/studies of how various mushrooms can change the world in many ways.
The guy talks way over my head at times. lol
Latt

Re:Cultivating hens 8 years 1 week ago #38239

Latt... LOL... I like Paul's science side more than his belief side.

• Page:
Moderators: latttrahn007Shroomdawg
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds

Who's Online

We have 598 guests and no members online

Login