2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: East Central Ohio Morels?

East Central Ohio Morels? 8 years 11 months ago #35142

Anyone finding any yet? Been nice here with lots of 50 degree nights and the one hot spot I checked saturday was barren.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:East Central Ohio Morels? 8 years 11 months ago #35147

I went out yesterday and checked my early spots in the rain. Nothing yet. They may pop sometime between now and this coming weekend. They will be up for sure this Sat or Sunday.
Latt

Re:East Central Ohio Morels? 8 years 11 months ago #35156

I found 58 little greys here but its been a cold spring here..need some sunshine and heat....

Re:East Central Ohio Morels? 8 years 11 months ago #35159

I seen where a buddy of mine who lives in Adams county ohio has been finding them.

Re:East Central Ohio Morels? 8 years 11 months ago #35166

Hmmm. Good to know. I'll have to check again this weekend and hope for the best. Was hoping that spot I checked hadn't given up all the morels it could. Thank you all.

Jim

Re:East Central Ohio Morels? 8 years 11 months ago #35174

got out this afternoon and found 26 grey mushrooms

Re:East Central Ohio Morels? 8 years 11 months ago #35194

So, we seem to be having the desired rain but now a cool spell is in for nearly a week. Will that delay the onset of morels popping up? I've hunted them a good bit but never with professional advice and had a lot of dry days of no finds. Will the ground hold the temperature good enough to keep them popping up?

Jim

Re:East Central Ohio Morels? 8 years 11 months ago #35205

they may keep coming but its going to slow them way down. 1 or 2 nights aint bad ,but here in ILL.this will be our 4th night and the worst[temp. down to 31 tonight]this week..aint going to help a bit grys and blacks are about done..yellow sponge is our hope now..but they are say below normal temps. till the first week in may:angry: :angry: :angry:

Re:East Central Ohio Morels? 8 years 11 months ago #35208

I checked my hot spot here at home (Middle TN) the past 3 Saturdays... and found NOTHING. Last year I found 8 in one small area.... no such luck this year.

Our redbuds are out of bloom now, and dogwoods are still blooming but going out, blackberries are just starting to open a few blooms.

I checked my dates from the last 4 years, and I found morels on 4/10, 3/24, 4/04, and 04/14.

Looks like it will be a year without Morels for me.

:-(

TNhunter

Re:East Central Ohio Morels? 8 years 11 months ago #35214

TNHunter:
I think all hope may not be lost yet. I'm in Ohio and have found them as late as early June after blackberries have quit blooming. There's so many different species all with different times to come up that I would think you still may see some. Our redbuds just came to full bloom at my higher elevation and have been a week in the Ohio River Valley. I noticed the low elevation dogwoods in full bloom and just yesterday at my elevation they are just opening and not really white yet. Maybe the cold will buy us time?? (Thinking positive!)

Chieftain:
Thanks for the reports. With you being in Illinois one would think they would be showing in Ohio. I'll go out this weekend to another area in the county north of me where we found softball sized ones one year and enough to full two paper grocery bags. The area on my property may well have had it's lifespan spent. This daggone cold weather just won't stop harassing us!

• Page:
Moderators: latttrahn007Shroomdawg
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds

Who's Online

We have 657 guests and no members online

Login