* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Growing Morels (i think)

Growing Morels (i think) 9 years 11 months ago #28066

Hey Everyone,
I am super stoked about these morels. Why? because they came up in a test plot from last year. I wanted to try it somewhere where i could monitor it, so i chose a location beside my false unicorn beds. i mean right outside the fence, at first i was going to try it in the same beds, but decided not to. I will try it again next (this) year in a bed. If it works again..........OH BOY!
Please don't ask me how i did this until i have a chance to duplicate it.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Growing Morels (i think) 9 years 11 months ago #28067

pic#2
Attachments:

Re:Growing Morels (i think) 9 years 11 months ago #28068

pic #3
Attachments:

Re:Growing Morels (i think) 9 years 11 months ago #28069

pic#4
Attachments:

Re:Growing Morels (i think) 9 years 11 months ago #28072

K duce congrats. Morchella Deliciosas also know as the Tulip Poplar morel. Your calcium level in that soil is at a good level (Have you had the soil tested). I've growen blacks and the TP morel in a lab setting and the mycelium network grows the same for both. The true yellow morel (morcella esculenta) MYC network is very different. When I set up an outside patch I use blacks or TP morel spawn and have great results. When I make my outside patches I get an area set up with high calcuim level and spawn that area. I try to make my spawned patch around an area that has a barrier (much lower calicum levels) this triggers the fruiting of the morels. I've set those spawned areas up my road ways, rock outcrops, field edges, streams/lakes anywhere the soil changes these become the fruiting area's. I like that buried piece of lumber nice barrier.

Re:Growing Morels (i think) 9 years 11 months ago #28073

Thanks Trahn,
You know alot more about mushrooms than i ever will. About the only thing i know about them is they taste good. It may have been a fluke and if it don't work next year, well i guess i can keep trying, i have not done any soil testing on the area. Do black morels require alot of calcium also? I seem to have a few big areas that produce black morels on a very consistant basis.

Re:Growing Morels (i think) 9 years 11 months ago #28074

Black morels do like calcium rich soil. Do you have alot of Tulip Poplars (Yellow Poplar) on your property? The leaves from the poplar are very rich in calcium.

• Page:
Moderators: latttrahn007Shroomdawg
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds

Who's Online

We have 333 guests and no members online

Login