2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: It is the beginning of the age of Agaricus

It is the beginning of the age of Agaricus 10 years 6 months ago #24991

Silly song reference, pink bottoms are delicious, always pink or dark gills, never white.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:It is the beginning of the age of Agaricus 10 years 6 months ago #24995

Nice!! Any poisonous look-a-likes this time of year to be concerned about?
Thanks,
Latt

Re:It is the beginning of the age of Agaricus 10 years 6 months ago #24996

I hope in asking you to ssllooooww down a little bit that it did not screw up your' video recorder! While it seemed fine in the video linked to the \"Today's finds\" Thread, it appeared that the tracking focus (not sure what you call it) was off in the video linked to this Thread and was jumping all over the place.

Frank

Re:It is the beginning of the age of Agaricus 10 years 6 months ago #24997

Hmmm huntsman, I tried slowing down and am just using a driod camera phone, so quality is never great. I was having a bear of a time with youtube as I uploaded it last night too. I wonder if that isn't the issue? I am at work so can't access it but will work on it once I am home. Thanks for the input and the oysters and pink bottoms were excellent on steak last night.

Latt, green spored lepiota MAY be a dangerous look a like though not deadly, I have read you might feel like you are dead for 3 days, and of course NOTHING with white gills. The G/S lepiota will yield a greenish spore print where as agaricus or pink bottoms spore are drak chocolate. They are 1 DNA sequence away from your store bought white mushrooms with 10 times the flavor! :whistle:

Re:It is the beginning of the age of Agaricus 10 years 6 months ago #24998

OK thanks. Is the green spored lepiota in season too right now? What color are the green spored lepiota gills?
Thanks,
Latt

Re:It is the beginning of the age of Agaricus 10 years 6 months ago #25000

White also Latt. :) Usually more of an up turned margin on the cap and growing in fairy rings around trees or where trees were typically in grass where you find the majority of the agaricus, this find was weird at the margin between a farm field and a woods. I was pleasantly surprised to say the least.

Re:It is the beginning of the age of Agaricus 10 years 6 months ago #25022

Thanks Shroomdawg,
Latt

• Page:
Moderators: latttrahn007Shroomdawg
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds

Who's Online

We have 325 guests and no members online

Login