2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: puffballs?

puffballs? 10 years 7 months ago #23432

Has anyone seen any puffballs yet? I've been watchin my pastures n haven't seen one yet I dont think my girlfriend can go another yr without some

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:puffballs? 10 years 7 months ago #23436

Saw two rotten ones a month ago. They came up early for sure.

Re:puffballs? 10 years 7 months ago #23439

Went out to plant seed from latt n got these yummy treats
Attachments:

Re:puffballs? 10 years 7 months ago #23453

Do you eat them?

How do you cook them? What do they taste like

Re:puffballs? 10 years 7 months ago #23457

Bigroots
I slice mine about a quarter inch thick. Then dip them in egg then put them in a garlic powder n flower mix then deep fry them until golden brown.they have a lite mushroom tatse n firm texture my gilfriend n I love them n can never find enough.

Re:puffballs? 10 years 7 months ago #23459

Calvatia cyathiformis are okay, much better than giant white puff balls which do make an excellent pizza crust when sliced a half inch thick and then put mushrooms with flavor and other pizza stuff on it, baking normally.

Re:puffballs? 10 years 7 months ago #23460

Shroomdaug
Man I hope to find a bid puffball so I can try the pizza crust God that sounds so good thxs for the thought . I need to get a book so I can get more mushrooms to try we love UN n if in out diggin or scouting why not get soon goodies too

Re:puffballs? 10 years 7 months ago #23465

Hope the same for you too hobler, September is usually the time of silly puffball wars in Ohio, and Latt and I were really surprised about 6 weeks ago. I forgot my username to set up different forums with pics of the 25 or so edibles I eat from Ohio which are in most other states right now as well from home. Maybe i will get around to it but after the nice 3 inches of rain ovber my wildlife areas here around Dayton, after work at 2 today....to da WOODS! Nothing wrong with the pear shaped puffballs you found, a bit more flavor than the giants so I try them each season. Speaking of Septemer, maitake or hen of the woods, coming to a large oak near you!

Re:puffballs? 10 years 7 months ago #23466

Shroom
Thst would b greatim lookin forward to the sites n pics of any good eating mushrooMs I c so many n ask myself I wish I knew if I could eat thxsit but I know most r not for eating

• Page:
Moderators: latttrahn007Shroomdawg
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds

Who's Online

We have 361 guests and no members online

Login