* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: TN, LATT and other experts...

Re:TN, LATT and other experts... 10 years 10 months ago #22731

I think so. Here is a good site with some pictures

http://www.michiganmorels.com/morels2.shtml

All I know is that when I had a good producing woods I started finding the blacks first, and they moved out from there as the conditions in those areas (maybe 20 feet away) became acceptable. Then, as the conditions became favorable for the other types of mushrooms, they began showing up in areas and spreading out around the same way.

Think of it this way, the fungi is in the ground all over. When a certain spot get the right conditions they send up mushrooms there. Say you find a patch that is spread out over maybe a 20 foot circle. In two days you see no more there at all. However, if you go out around where the original patch was, you might fight several other patches which are very nearby or even touching the area where the first patch was. As conditions become more favorable, this process continues.

There are a few guys on here who understand this stuff much better than I do. This is only based upon my own observation.

I always remember what an older friend once told me when I was much younger. He said \"Its a lot harder to find a few mushrooms out of a few hundred, than it is to find a few dozen out of a few hundred thousand!\"

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:TN, LATT and other experts... 10 years 10 months ago #22735

Your pics are a morchella semilibera and it is edible. Sometimes called a Half-Free or Dog Pecker.

The only false morel that resembles a morchella semilibera is a verpa bohemica which can make some people sick.

Latt

Re:TN, LATT and other experts... 10 years 10 months ago #22736

If I was going to eat one of those...

I would prefer NOT to know they are called Dog Peckers :-)

I do have to agree the name goes with the shape.

TNhunter

Re:TN, LATT and other experts... 10 years 10 months ago #22748

Latt, Bcastle and TN thanks for the helpful info...

And TN LOL @ the dog prckrt joke.

Regards,
G

• Page:
Moderators: latttrahn007Shroomdawg
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds

Who's Online

We have 198 guests and no members online

Login