* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Selling Together

NORTH CAROLINA 12 years 7 months ago #13258

Can pool 20-30LBS in NC

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:NORTH CAROLINA 12 years 6 months ago #13947

This sure is a topic that hasn't had much activity this year.

Hillhopper

Re:NORTH CAROLINA 12 years 6 months ago #13984

Agreed

Re:NORTH CAROLINA 12 years 5 months ago #15126

I usually only look at a couple of the forums, like growing or general Q's... Have nevber looked at this section of forum before. I find this thread pretty interesting! Be glad to cooperate if I have some to sell... I'm just growing now.

Re:Selling Together 12 years 4 months ago #15895

i don't have a whole lot but are they anyone in tennessee and ky border that wonts to have a group sell i will try to find and get a hold of some of the buyers that is from china.! we all fell like we are not getting good prices in this state.but we can work together and just see what is going on?not to afend any buyers they are welcome to come to when we have enough to make a stand.but i herd that the big buyers was just now getting in the us.some of the little one are done here but the big ones will be here short lee.so everyone is asking about the price of sang in tn lets form a group and let the big guys know how we fell and may bee we can come to a under standing with each other.we just need to work together and get along with every one.i am not trying to afend any one!!!!!! just trying to help us all.

Re:Selling Together 11 years 8 months ago #18974

everybody needs to get together and demand more for ther hard work,since we do it all we should make the most profit,ill throw in my 4lb.

Re:Selling Together 11 years 8 months ago #18977

tnkysenger wrote:

everybody needs to get together and demand more for ther hard work,since we do it all we should make the most profit,ill throw in my 4lb.

That might work if you could somehow force someone to buy your product against their wishes.

Also, don't discount all the work (and money) put forth by the dealers.

Re:Selling Together 11 years 8 months ago #18986

Isnt that kinda what a dealer does, get a better price because they have more to sell at one time? So if enough diggers and growers would get together it seems like the buyers would buy a large amount and pay good for it. If the end price is 4 or 5 times what we get, then it makes a lot of sense to try to get all we can by selling together.

Re:Selling Together 11 years 8 months ago #19001

No, that isn't rezlly what dealers do.

We often advertise, we often travel, we spend a ton of time on the phone answering questions for people we never see, we keep the lights on and doors open while complying with sometimes extensive governmental regulations, we often put huge amounds of money at risk in the hopes of making a few bucks per pound ...and we don't always do that.

If you could make 4 or 5 times what you pay just by having volume...trust me, EVERYone would be a dealer and the price for seng in the country would be 4 1/2 times higher.

The key to better prices (within the structure of the market when you sell) is quality, not quantity.

Think of it this way. It does me no good what so ever to have 200 pounds of low quality root that I can't get my money out of, but I can almost always sell small quantities of high quality root and make about $20 per pound. If the going price is $500/pound, that's a 4% return in a short time, and if the market is moving up before I must sell to stay liquid, I might make a little more than that. However, if the market drops, I might lose money too. As the dealer, I'm taking the risk. As a digger, I\"m out nothing if the market drops...I just don't make as much.

Re:Selling Together 11 years 8 months ago #19004

I was getting that 4 or 5 times higher price from wildgrowns homepage. Maybe they are wrong.

I do understand the risks dealers take on ginseng. Investing 500 to make 20 is not much good. Wouldnt be for me.

Moderators: KYginseng
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds

Who's Online

We have 563 guests and no members online

Login