2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: prices missouri

Re:prices missouri 13 years 6 months ago #6301

Talked to Midwest Herb today and he said 400.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:prices missouri 13 years 6 months ago #6308

ya North American botanicals qouted me $400, I think it's going higher, hang on if you can, hell it closed at $500 last year and started at $325, we are already ahead of that, the market is strong and the season ended sooner than normal. We should all get $600-$700 every year no matter what. I'm in on a coop,we are the market us diggers and the internet gives us the ability to communicate. We all need to pull togehter

Re:prices missouri 13 years 6 months ago #6345

Our price starting 10/7/10, will be $420.00 for good ginseng. Please feel free to call if you have any questions.

Thanks
Joy Flannery
Flannery Hide & Root CO
573-243-8719

Re:prices missouri 13 years 6 months ago #6353

Its got to be at least 500 before I even consider selling. I am sure it should keep rising and hopefully reach 500 or better later in the year.

Re:prices missouri 13 years 6 months ago #6355

same here $500 or $550 more is the magic number, I will go out of state otherwise, I'm very confident there will be dealers out there who will give that. Lenno, you from Missouri?

Re:prices missouri 13 years 6 months ago #6364

Billygoat I agree I will sell out of state if I have to.I am in southern Missouri.

Re:prices missouri 13 years 6 months ago #6392

Hey guys...new here, but have been watching and checking the prices around. When I talked to my dealer last week, he stated that I should hold on to it for a little while. However, seeing the prices out east is tempting!

If anyone is interested in getting together for a large single sell, I'm in. I think I will have just over 2 lbs of dry once it is completely dried out. The bulk of it is above average for what I had been used to digging as I dug some hollers that I had stayed out of for 10+ years. Hopefully, it was worth the wait.

Oh yeah and I'm in South Central part of MO.

I attached a picture of the first good patch that I found this year. Sorry it's a little foggy from the rain, but I think you get the idea. Gets my blood pumping everytime I look at!

Re:prices missouri 13 years 6 months ago #6414

Hey Guys,
Much against my best judgement but because I have two kids in college and both having issues with their cars, I sold 2 pounds dry early last week at Midwest in Ellington and got $360 a pound, my Dad and I had looked an area over earlier and were unable to find the plants we knew were in the holler and while turkey hunting yesterday I found the plants. Hung the shotgun in a bush and went to digging with my trusty screwdriver. (anyone else use a long, straight screwdriver to dig with? In many types of soil it is a very effective tool and easy to carry) I dug almost exactly one pound of green roots, mostly all big 3 and 4 prong stuff with 10+ years of age showing and since Midwest was on my way home I stopped and Randy paid $110 a pound green for it, bumped a little for being quality roots. I hate being hard up for money to the point that I need to sell rather than wait but I think so far the guys there have been fair with me and aren't holding out, just following the market trend like so many of us. Anyway that's an update on selling in SE Missouri, I was done for the year, I thought, and had switched gears to hunting. But digging a $110 in two hours when you started out turkey hunting for the day ain't the worst luck I ever had, for sure! Keep that info flowing!
Scott

Re:prices missouri 13 years 6 months ago #6532

Hello guys, update on ginseng prices...

We are currently paying $425.00 a pound on dry ginseng and $25.00 a pound on Goldenseal.

I wanted to let everyone know that if you have several pounds, please let us take a look at it and make and offer on it. I personally know how much time and hardwork you guys and gals put into digging ginseng and we will try and give the best price possible.

If you have any questions just give us a call Flannery Hide & Root Co 573-243-8719.

Whether you sell to us or not, good luck and hope you get a great price.

Re:prices missouri 13 years 6 months ago #6544

Hey jflannery,

Are you paying more than 25 on goldenseal for larger amounts,like 15-20 pounds?

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds

Who's Online

We have 548 guests and no members online

Login