2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: prices missouri

prices missouri 13 years 6 months ago #5716

So far in Missouri the most I have heard offered is $350 a pound at north american botanicals. Anybody heard of anybody in missouri offering more? Seems like there offering more in every other state, guess us missouri sangers gonna have to start going out of state to sell.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:prices missouri 13 years 6 months ago #5724

B.goat you will start putting fear in those buyers with talk like that..they just might have to raise their prices..LOL..

Re:prices missouri 13 years 6 months ago #5764

Hey BillyGoat, what part of the state are you in? I live in Piedmont Mo in the southeast part of the state and last year sold at Midwest Root and Herb in Ellington and got $400 which was as good as I found anywhere. I'll call tomorrow and see what Tom's offering right now and post it for you.
Scott

Re:prices missouri 13 years 6 months ago #5766

I'm north of you on the big muddy mo, river break country. Thanks for checking I really appreciate it. Eolia prices usually go up later on and I'm still drying down anyways just hope prices rise by time I turn the fans off. Problem is I keep adding to the piles so the fans may be running for sometime to come. Thats a good problem to have.

Re:prices missouri 13 years 6 months ago #5804

Hey BillyGoat,
I checked today and Midwest Herb for ginseng was paying $360 dry, $90 green and golden seal was $20 dry. Of course they wouldn't speculate as to what the price might do. I used to send my ginseng to Eolia Mo and my furs too......back in the day. Back then it was Eolia Root and Fur but I know it's something different now. On a different note, I dug just a few plants today that my Dad had planted the seeds that I had given him 4 years ago and for this part of the country they were nice mature plants, 3 and 4 prong plants 12 to 15 inches tall and the roots had done very well. It was rocky as all get out but the dirt between was black and they obviously liked it. I will have a good patch going there soon! Do you do that, plant a patch where it grows good and you think no one will mess with it, and..........do you consider it \"wild\" at that point? I myself do since I don't do anything to aid the growth in any way, but I am sure others would consider it \"woodsgrown\" which seems a word play for \" giving you less money for perfectly good ginseng\" by a dealer, eh? Good luck and it's great to have a place to discuss digging!

Re:prices missouri 13 years 6 months ago #5812

Hey Fishhead,
Yea, I plant back what ever I take at least 25 to 1(Seriously that much) So in other words I plant seeds in the woods. It is wildgrown ginseng no matter how you look at it in my opinion. I'm just planting a seed and than digging it up in 10 or 15 years. If I can find it by time season gets here, the deer are so thick they eat about 90% of the tops by time sang season opens. There are to many trash diggers out there digging everything and not being good stewards of the land. So I also feel like I'm insuring the future of the plant by getting sang started in valleys it use to be in until the dirt bags dug it all out. Hope I answered your question. By the way how has season been for you down in your neck of the woods, SE mo right?

Re:prices missouri 13 years 6 months ago #5820

BillyGoat,
Sounds like you do about like I do on the seeds. I too figure it's all woodsgrown by now, someone likely planted some seed for these plants years back. As far as how the digging is, well, I live about 50 miles from where I was born but just further down the Black River. There are miles and miles of beautiful country here that's perfect for ginseng and there is not a sprig of it. I have found only a few hillsides that have ginseng left on them, but fortunately it's not been dug in several years. Our ginseng here is not the quality I see on the board from guys in the Blue Ridge mountians, I guess they have better growing conditions. How are the growing conditions there along the big river? I'd be interested to put our roots side by side and see if the quality is better further north where you are at. I've dug 30+ year old plants that only weighed 2 or 3 oz sometimes. It was so dry here a lot of ginseng was down before our season even opened, but I have scratched out about 2 pounds dry. It ain't much but it makes spending money and gas for fishing!

Re:prices missouri 13 years 6 months ago #5821

but it makes spending money and gas for fishing!.......now that sounds like a plan.

Re:prices missouri 13 years 5 months ago #6076

Flannery Hide & Root Company
4244 St Hwy 34
Jackson, MO 63755

573-243-8719 (Bob or Joy Flannery)

We are paying $350 - $400 to diggers, price varies by quality & quantity. Dealers please call for pricing.

Thanks
Joy Flannery

Re:prices missouri 13 years 5 months ago #6092

Hey thanks for the post, it's good to know for all the diggers looking in at this forum there are options. Word I heard is alot of green coming in and little dry

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds

Who's Online

We have 998 guests and no members online

Login