2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: illinois prices

Re:illinois prices 13 years 5 months ago #7099

thanks shroomy..you can e mail to me .. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. ....its temporary for now.. my last account got hi-jacked..

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:illinois prices 13 years 5 months ago #7125

Nice late find chief. Looks like i might need to come up your way next year. Were you at again???lol
You must be in some virgin woods up there.
I live in the middle of a national forest and you can't find root like that here.

Re:illinois prices 13 years 4 months ago #7237

I just got off the phone with 3 buyers and one was paying 500, I will not give that phone #. But I called Jerome Meining @ 618-563-4089 in West York and I called Darwin Kirchhofer @ 1-217-868-5220 and both was paying 600.
I had a little talk with Jerome and I told him that I would not be selling any till the Monday before Thanksgiving and all he said was \" That would be wise to hold till then or even a little longer than that\". I will Not say what he quoted me that he thinks it might hit but will wait and see.

But I will sell mine to Darwin when I am ready to sell.

Re:illinois prices 13 years 4 months ago #7238

I usually sell to Darwin he is always price competitive..he has always treat me right on root and fur..Thanks for the update Digger

Re:illinois prices 13 years 4 months ago #7426

Called 5 buyers this morning.anywhere from $550.00 apound up to $675.00 apound..2 out of the 5 said they thought it was close to peaking out..our friend at Shumway still seems to be my best bet around here ..had one offer higher than his but dont think it would make up the distance I would have to drive to sell..no price fixing by these buyers I hope:P ;) Thats the information that I have received this morning..I have 2 more buyers to call tonight..

Re:illinois prices 13 years 4 months ago #7448

Cheiftain
Was our freind around 650-660 ?
Thanks Cheif

Re:illinois prices 13 years 4 months ago #7450

650.is right..turley is going to be in effingham sat. at ten oclock at Dave Draves Archery to buy..said he would beat any price our local buyers were giving ..but wouldn't say how much..I'm sure our friend at shumway would be competitive with him..I don't know ,thinking about selling ..a couple of guys I talked to today seemed like they didn't want to quote an exact price..

Re:illinois prices 13 years 4 months ago #7453

Everytime I call Turly he is paying the same as Darwin. I got the same thing on a couple guys I talked to. I tried calling Darwin just a few min. ago and all I got was a Spanish woman recording, odd. So I rang it a couple more times and got the woman recording again. I think it is at the top or they don't know what to do. This is like playing the stock market. Most of the time after we sell the stocks they go up, most not always. I don't want to be greedy but 650 is a good number and I would be happy with that . I have 8-9 pound I think it is time for me. It will the earliest I have ever sold it but I think it is time. Last year I got 430 and thinking I done good. If it goes up so be it down I am ahead.

Re:illinois prices 13 years 4 months ago #7459

I hear you Digger..strange about his phone though I called about 10 am yesterday and got ahold of him no problem...he was out in the shop ,just bought 2 pounds he said..I'am going to let him know by the first of the week when I'am going to sell.. maybe next week don't know if it will be worth hanging on another week or not..I've noticed on here prices are not jumping up every week like it was..

Re:illinois prices 13 years 4 months ago #7493

Cheif
I took mine to him about noon, then took mama out to dinner. The one thing that he said to me was he his selling his just about as fast as he can now because he said when and if it drops, it will drop. I asked him about buying other root besides ginseng, blood, turnips, soloman seal, gravel and yellow root. He said he would buy others, like yams, beth root, butterfly and so on and he said he would buy them as well but only from Sept on till March the next year. As you know he likes his birds.
Well better go and get a bench refinihed for the Mattoon railroad depot. Go to make more money.

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds

Who's Online

We have 298 guests and no members online

Login