2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Anyone know where the pricing is at so far this year in NC?

Re:Anyone know where the pricing is at so far this year in NC? 10 years 5 months ago #25812

I hope most folks can see a few of the differences in the quality of the roots in this picture versus the roots above posted by NCmountaindigger
Obviously the roots above are fresh and these roots are drying and I plan on pointing the other differences I see out eventually however I prefer that we wait and hear opinions from some of our expert diggers first.
Thanks for posting these and I look forward to viewing additional ones as they are posted.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Anyone know where the pricing is at so far this year in NC? 10 years 5 months ago #25824

And just for reference I didn't specify earlier but I live within a couple of miles from the blue ridge escarpment and dig most of what I dig right here around my house which is about 25 miles from the Tennessee border, I do dig in one other area that is about 15 miles from the Tennessee border, the roots in particular that I posted above are from about a mile from the blue ridge escarpment

Re:Anyone know where the pricing is at so far this year in NC? 10 years 5 months ago #25878

Two pictures of typically well handled Blue Ridge section North Carolina root both fresh and dried.
Attachments:

Re:Anyone know where the pricing is at so far this year in NC? 10 years 5 months ago #25940

Carolina bait $920

Re:Anyone know where the pricing is at so far this year in NC? 10 years 5 months ago #25956

Hugh,
Im not seeing a difference whatsoever in these photos and what we dig here in TN

Hillhopper

Re:Anyone know where the pricing is at so far this year in NC? 10 years 5 months ago #25957

Guys,
I think it depends on the type of soil more than anything. One person may bring in some of the prettiest well cared for seng that you ever saw and the next person little dwarf looking roots coming out of poor dirt and looking like they had carried it around in their pocket for a week.
I bought some roots Sat. that came out of Pulaski co. Ky and they were the biggest and prettiest roots I have ever seen, bar none. and the age was at least 20 years.

Re:Anyone know where the pricing is at so far this year in NC? 10 years 5 months ago #25958

Guys,
I have the utmost respect for what both of you have said because you have miles more experience than me. I am a Babe in the Woods at this game when the digging and drying starts. My point in this conversation has been to point out that the roots from the top of the Appalachian Mountains brings top price if handled well, just like the roots from the Blue Ridge Escarpment brings if they are handled well. If you want to see what I'm talking about just drop into one of the locations that I mentioned and bring your roots to let them have a look and make an offer. Tell them that you dug them from close to Lake Lure or Bat Cave and see what happens.
One thing that does have my admiration is seeing them offer prices like Dumpy just posted. They just need to get their heart right here in Tennessee.
Hugh

Re:Anyone know where the pricing is at so far this year in NC? 10 years 5 months ago #25959

Was quoted 900.00 in North Cove yesterday.

Re:Anyone know where the pricing is at so far this year in NC? 10 years 5 months ago #26141

Metcalfs Ginseng Mars Hill NC $920 dry

Re:Anyone know where the pricing is at so far this year in NC? 10 years 4 months ago #26288

Don & Pat Phillips in Mitchell County are at 275 Fresh and 920 or a little better depending on the overall quality of the dry collection you might be offering them.

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds

Who's Online

We have 354 guests and no members online

Login