* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 2010 - Middle Tennessee - Ginseng Prices

2010 - Middle Tennessee - Ginseng Prices 13 years 5 months ago #6626

Hey Tennesse Seng Diggers,

Below is a link to a list of the Registered Dealers in TN for 2010.

www.wildgrown.com/index.php/Ginseng-Foru...-List-Tennessee.html

You can find the buyers within reasonable driving distance from you and give them a call and see what they are offering.

I called Glenn Bradey over in Pulaski TN a couple days ago and below is the information I got from him.

==

I called this evening and talked to Glenn Bradey over in Pulaski TN and he said he was currently offering 500.00/lb for seng.

He said he could do a bit more if you had good quality seng and larger quantities - like 8-10 lbs or more.

I asked about the stratified seed and he said there was some bad luck on that this year from his supplier (artificial shade growers in wisconsin) and he could not get any seed this year. He said they had a early freeze or something like that that caused them not to have any seed to sell this year.

Last year he was selling that seed for 28.00/lb and he told me earlier that he would have it for 30.00/lb this year - but it is just not going to happen this year.

I also chatted with him a bit on when to sell the seng and he said that he usually has a good market for it and normally it is best in between Nov 15 and Dec 15.

He said that a lot of his buyers just seem to go away after the Chinese new year (which is same as ours Jan 1, but they have a big celebration that last for a couple of weeks). He recommended selling before new years instead of after new years - simply because he has less potential buyers after new years day.

He thinks the price often peaks out in the Nov 15 - Dec 15 time frame because they are buying it up for sale during the Chinese new year celebration. After that the interest from Chinese buyers sort of slacks off.

I will probably check back with him around Nov 15.

If anyone else finds out more info on TN dealer prices - please post.

Thanks

TNhunter

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:2010 - Middle Tennessee - Ginseng Prices 13 years 5 months ago #6990

Was wondering if anyone had an up to date price here around middle TN

Re:2010 - Middle Tennessee - Ginseng Prices 13 years 5 months ago #7059

In wart burg, Morgan county today was $550 a pound dried.

Re:2010 - Middle Tennessee - Ginseng Prices 13 years 5 months ago #7091

Thanks Cruff10.. I appreciate the info

Re:2010 - Middle Tennessee - Ginseng Prices 13 years 4 months ago #7430

Hey Guys,

On my lunch hour today I called 4 dealers, but only got thru to 2 of them.

Jesse Anderson in Dickson TN - was real cautious on quoting a price, but eventually did say he could give over 500.00 for good seng. It was almost like he was afraid to commit to a price and he seemed real suspicious even though we were just talking by phone. I had to ask what is the best you could give for the best quality and around 10 lbs and still all he would say was he could give over 500.00/lb.

Thought that was a bit odd.

Dealers I tried in Waynesboro and Lewisburg, I got voice mail message.

I did get thru to Glenn Bradey's wife over in Pulaski TN - Glenn was not home, but she said he is giving in the 630.00 range now, depending on quality/quantity.

TNhunter

Re:2010 - Middle Tennessee - Ginseng Prices 13 years 4 months ago #7432

some of the buyers I talked to today here in ILL. were acting real cautious too.one told me he wouldn't qutoe a price until he seen it..I aint driving over an hour just so he could have a look see.

Re:2010 - Middle Tennessee - Ginseng Prices 13 years 4 months ago #7449

Yeah Chieftan I can understand someone being cautious but the guy over in Dickson TN really would not even tell me his best price for good quality seng and about 10 lbs.

A dealer should be able to tell you that, but make sure you understand that it needs to meet his expectations on quality.

This guy just kept telling me about trashy seng people are trying to sell him, dried in the oven or out in the hot sun, not washed correctly, or cared for correctly, etc

He never would give me his best price, just said I can go over 500.00 but would not get specific.

Perhaps he has been burned in the past or something, but hey before I was thru talking to him I felt like I was being burned, was being acused of not knowing how to dig or care for seng, etc.

I eventually told him that we had been offered 600.00 a couple weekends ago and he simply said well then you just need to sell your seng to that guy in a somewhat nasty tone.

That was the end of our conversation.

One things for sure, if any of you folks reading here are considering selling your seng to this guy over in Dickson TN, you need to look elsewhere for someone to sell to.

There are a lot nicer dealers out there, offering a lot more too.

Good Luck !

TNhunter

Re:2010 - Middle Tennessee - Ginseng Prices 13 years 4 months ago #7452

TNhunter

I have noticed the last few years that there are several TN dealers that are off by a hundred dollars or so per pound. These guys usually are looking for top shelf seng at a low price. Not sure if these dealers have alot of repeat diggers year to year.

Your good dealers are interested in knowing what others are giving and are willing to negotiate to gain your business, if they can. I am currently checking new dealers because my buyer from the last 10 years is no longer available.

I will update if I find a buyer soon.

SengNveins

Re:2010 - Middle Tennessee - Ginseng Prices 13 years 4 months ago #7532

Tn diggers,

As of 10:00am Saturday Nov,6th..... I called Larry Faith 270-256-6920 he is out of Glasgow KY....he quoted me $675.00 a pound for 8 pounds. He is licensed to buy in Tn. This is the best I have been quoted.

SengNveins

Re:2010 - Middle Tennessee - Ginseng Prices 13 years 4 months ago #7610

Tn diggers

We sold today (Nov,8 2010) for $700.00/lb, this was for 12lbs.
Did not ask about smaller quantities.

Macon county is where we sold.

Contact Larry Faith 270-256-6920 or Tony Stone 615-388-6460.

Good luck to all that have not sold yet. Hope it goes on up for you all !

SengNveins

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds

Who's Online

We have 711 guests and no members online

Login