2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Wanting to get 10-15 black cohosh plants

Wanting to get 10-15 black cohosh plants 11 years 4 months ago #21734

I'm needing these to put out nearby. Anyone know anybody that I can get this from?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Wanting to get 10-15 black cohosh plants 11 years 4 months ago #21735

I can get them for you Whitjr, but its a might late in the year. Its still warm enough here, but I don't have time to do it now. If someone else doesn't come up with some for you this fall, hit me up toward the end of next summer.

Re:Wanting to get 10-15 black cohosh plants 11 years 4 months ago #21736

Thanks for the response, Brad. I'll need these next spring for 2013 growing season.

Re:Wanting to get 10-15 black cohosh plants 11 years 4 months ago #21737

*nod* Like I said, if no one else can help...let me know. I really think you should plant them in the fall though. Like ginseng, these are hardy perennials and come up early in the spring.

Re:Wanting to get 10-15 black cohosh plants 11 years 4 months ago #21738

whitjr, I can get these for you, my email is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Re:Wanting to get 10-15 black cohosh plants 11 years 4 months ago #21739

Need a good excuse to get in the woods . Contact if Missouri roots will help you. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Re:Wanting to get 10-15 black cohosh plants 11 years 4 months ago #21740

Another source is Red Root Natives in Asheville, NC. Her name is Jean Harrison. I think she may actually be bringing some plants to the Expo this weekend. Her website is: www.redrootnatives.com/

She also has propagated a lot of other native plants, like false unicorn.

See you soon!

Re:Wanting to get 10-15 black cohosh plants 11 years 4 months ago #21741

Whitjr,
I just looked over the list of plants that Maypop gave a link to and it is a really good looking site with a great amount of wild mountain plants. The prices looked good as well. The one thing that I think you should keep in mind is that you are buying these plants for shade purposes and if you get the ones that she is showing in the trays you will have to plant a lot of them to get the shade you need for your young ginseng plants. Ask her if she has large roots that will grow at least two feet tall or taller the first year. She probably keeps some for seed purposes that she may sell to you. You need roots as large as your fist to get plants this size and they will be more expensive when you buy them. They will get the job done because of how they will spread out and the tall seed pods they produce. Just some thoughts to ponder. Good luck with them.
Hugh

Re:Wanting to get 10-15 black cohosh plants 11 years 4 months ago #21744

Whit,
It looks like you already have plenty of options available yo you, but if you still find yourself wanting some for early spring email me around the first part ofApril. The plants usually start pushing up around mid April, and i think they would transplant well if you could get them at this stage.... however, I have to agree with BCastle the best time would probably be in early fall when the plants go dormant.

Re:Wanting to get 10-15 black cohosh plants 11 years 4 months ago #21749

Thanks all, I have what I need now. 'Preciate the responses...

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds

Who's Online

We have 404 guests and no members online

Login