* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your questions and answers about Goldenseal herb
  • Page:

TOPIC: Upcoming Season

Upcoming Season 6 years 9 months ago #40105

Hey guys. I asked Mike to allow me to be a moderator for the Goldenseal board and he graciously has given me the opportunity to do so. I personally enjoy digging yellow root and will normally do so up until the beginning of sang season. Does anyone else out there plan on digging any goldenseal up this year?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Upcoming Season 6 years 9 months ago #40114

ive dug seal in the past but not for a few years now...not many buyers in my area mess with it much anymore...

Upcoming Season 6 years 9 months ago #40118

Yea it's just not as desirable as sang but there was recently a very nice article regarding yellow root and the values of it medicinally. Penn State University is actually in the middle of a five year study of the plant as well. As for buyers I have several here in Pennsylvania with prices ranging from $25-$32/pound.

Upcoming Season 6 years 9 months ago #40119

Yea it's just not as desirable as sang but there was recently a very nice article regarding yellow root and the values of it medicinally. Penn State University is actually in the middle of a five year study of the plant as well. As for buyers I have several here in Pennsylvania with prices ranging from $25-$32/pound.

Upcoming Season 6 years 8 months ago #40159

Hope everyone's summer is going well. Anybody getting out there and digging any yellow root? I've been out 3 times now and probably got just over 10 pounds green. Digging seal always seems like a good idea until I get out there and have the bugs flying all over me and being on my knees digging for hours at a time... cmon September 1st!!!!

Upcoming Season 6 years 8 months ago #40160

heard that ,we got some rain so I went out and picked some chantrells got a couple pounds..but the time I left the woods it was 86 degrees 70% humidity..skeeters were out in full force along with the deer flies...got home and wondered if it was really worth it....

Upcoming Season 6 years 8 months ago #40161

Yea Chief I'm right there with you. I just feel so guilty when I'm not out there doing something during these summer months. My wife yells at me for mowing the grass so much.. says that I'm trying to kill it. And I can only go stare at my sang patches around the house so many times though I do check on them daily to make sure that they haven't been poached. I did make it out in the woods today and dug 3 pounds of yellow root and on my way out found a small cluster of jack o lanterns. I thought for a while that maybe I got lucky and stumbled up on a few chanterelles but they weren't for sure. Anyways the garden is going good and there's firewood to get split.

Upcoming Season 6 years 8 months ago #40164

we are supposed to get some rain the next two days so I figure some chantrells will come up..next 2 months will be slow going by here..

Last Edit: by Chieftain.

Upcoming Season 6 years 8 months ago #40205

I had always thought that golden seal didn't grow in my area in 20 yrs I've never seen it. Until the other day I found 3 patches.
Attachments:

Upcoming Season 6 years 8 months ago #40206

Hobler unfortunately that's not goldenseal... looks like some type of mayapple...

• Page:
Moderators: jimsanger
Time to create page: 0.270 seconds

Who's Online

We have 418 guests and no members online

Login