2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your questions and answers about Goldenseal herb

TOPIC: yellow root and bloodroot

Re:yellow root and bloodroot 9 years 4 months ago #34039

Ended up selling my bloodroot, goldenseal and black cohosh to T&T in Westmoreland Co., Pa, today for $28, $18, & $5/lb. Also sold my last 3 lb. of sang off for $760/lb. I was happy with those prices. They say they will be buying sang for $700-750/lb. avg. until Christmas and then will be done for the year. I hope everyone came away with a nice paycheck for the season and was able to put away a few deer as well. Looking forward to next season already...eyed up some tall chicken bone patches that may need to be dug in the dull, dreary, February days...$5/lb for black cohosh makes it well worth digging in the winter months if you know where a few good patches are. Happy Holidays fellow diggers.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:yellow root and bloodroot 9 years 4 months ago #34043

You did well. Congrats.

Re:yellow root and bloodroot 9 years 3 months ago #34058

BCastle wrote:

Sure. Actually, I have some folks from WV who come up to Woodland Outdoors every year with the ginseng they dig at a friend's farm in southern Ohio. That would only be about an hour and a half from you.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Parkersburg,+WV/woodland+outdoors/@39.7903466,-81.9958917,9z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x88484c7b32de2457:0xce93e42c0c21949a!2m2!1d-81.5615135!2d39.2667418!1m5!1m1!1s0x8836592e74f53def:0x889cd8df7d07c342!2m2!1d-81.257713!2d40.254755

I'm there most Tuesdays between 4 and 6pm...including tonight.

Did I get that right Brad? You are just north of Freeport on Tuesday evenings? I'm near there and wanting to get at least two ounces of your seng seeds next year. Sounds like a small amount but wanting to try different seed from different locations. Did I get it right on your seeds originating from our northern neibors, right? That is what I am wanting. If so your reply would be greatly appreciated in advance so I can know what months you will be there on tuesdays so I can get a little seed off of you next fall. Thanks, Jim

Re:yellow root and bloodroot 9 years 3 months ago #34060

Hey Jim,

During the buying season, I do go to a sporting goods place (Woodland Outdoors) every week or so. Work schedules determine which night. The seed I sell and plant is grown in Ontario.

I can't comment otherwise here because of WildGrown forum rules.

Re:yellow root and bloodroot 9 years 3 months ago #34061

Brad,
Thanks for the quick reply. I will start bugging you around August to set up time and remind you of my purpose while keeping to forum rules. So you buy there too? I got $725 middle of November for the seng as to a reference of what my buyer pays. Guess I'll call him first before coming up your way, Lord willing.

Re:yellow root and bloodroot 9 years 3 months ago #34064

Yes, I buy there also. I paid as high as $765 at the end a couple weeks ago.

Re:yellow root and bloodroot 9 years 1 month ago #34591

Nice 5 bucks a pound for cohosh. I hope the price is that high this fall. Ivery been thinking about digging it again. At that price is well with it. T&T isn't that far from me. Thanks for sharing the info

Moderators: jimsanger
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds

Who's Online

We have 160 guests and no members online

Login