2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ramps/Wild Leeks....?

Ramps/Wild Leeks....? 13 years 2 weeks ago #8870

Does anyone know anyone buying wild leeks (ramps)? Any help is appreciated .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Ramps/Wild Leeks....? 13 years 1 week ago #8893

papa, Have you got any pics of leeks to post? I will look into finding a buyer here in Southern Indiana.Some of these old timers will buy just about any kind of root, bark, or plant. Have you ever sold any sumac bark? We did when we were Kids.I haven't messed with anything but seng and yellow root for the last 30 years. Any info about other plants to sell would be interesting. Thanks and hope you have a great year. Spring is upon us!!!

Re:Ramps/Wild Leeks....? 13 years 1 week ago #8896

Thanks for the reply. Here are a few pictures from last year. There is definately no shortage of them. I know where there is enough to pay off a mortage and buy a new car. I still haven't found a buyer. I can't get a hold of person in next county over that was buying for quite a few years. As for other roots I of course dig seng and seal, along with cohosh, mayapple, bloodroot and wild yams. There are several other things dealers buy like jack in the pulpit, maidenhair ferm, cranesbill, ginger etc., but for making money I stick to the higher price roots. I dig some ginger etc. every year though to grow around my place. As for barks I never got into them much. Sold some cherry tree bark once. Dealer was buying paw paw tree bark and people were going out stripping it right off live trees. I didn't see much sense in that. Hey if you find out anything let me know I'll keep my eye on this post. Thanks and yeah spring and that leads to summer....makes me wonder if I can do another year of tropical heat and mosquitos and my favorite...chiggers, not to mention the uphill climbs and getting out of breath lol can't wait !!! :unsure:
Attachments:

Re:Ramps/Wild Leeks....? 13 years 1 week ago #8897

Attachments:

Re:Ramps/Wild Leeks....? 13 years 1 week ago #8898

Attachments:

Re:Ramps/Wild Leeks....? 13 years 1 week ago #8930

thanks for the pics papa. If I find out anything about a buyer I will let you know.Looks like you have plenty of it.

Re:Ramps/Wild Leeks....? 13 years 6 days ago #8982

Papa, where are you from? I would pay to dig a big ole passel of them. I can eat my weight in them. I've yet to have time to get out to dig any this year. That is one of the biggest patchs that I've saw in years.

Re:Ramps/Wild Leeks....? 12 years 11 months ago #9144

Found buyer and been diggin. Can't wait till its over !!
Attachments:

Re:Ramps/Wild Leeks....? 12 years 11 months ago #9145

Another days dig.
Attachments:

Re:Ramps/Wild Leeks....? 12 years 11 months ago #9153

Papa,
That's a lot of Ramps. Just curious how much does a pound of ramps sell for?
Thanks,
Latt

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds

Who's Online

We have 417 guests and no members online

Login