* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: It's coming - - slow but sure

It's coming - - slow but sure 13 years 2 weeks ago #8863

Spring that is...

I know you guys up north are probably not seeing any signs yet but they are starting to show up here in Middle TN.

Here's a few pics from this evening out around my house and garden...

TNhunter

Below is one of my first bloomers every year - a plum tree - I have a pair of them and the other is just starting to show signs of blooming but this one is bloomed out nicely now.

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:It's coming - - slow but sure 13 years 2 weeks ago #8864

Below is a bradford pear tree in the side yard...

Another week and it will be solid white with blooms that is if ole jack frost does not get it.

Attachments:

Re:It's coming - - slow but sure 13 years 2 weeks ago #8865

Here is a weepin willow out in the front yard...

Puttin on little green leaves now.

Attachments:

Re:It's coming - - slow but sure 13 years 2 weeks ago #8866

I have been working my old broadfork a bit and getting some garden beds ready for planting later this spring.

I like to break them up early and put down some bone meal (and this year adding gypsum too) and let that set for a month or more before planting.

Attachments:

Re:It's coming - - slow but sure 13 years 2 weeks ago #8867

And here is a pic of a small early bed I planted a couple weeks ago.

It has leaf lettuce, sugar snap peas and green onions and all are up now. The peas (below) are about 1\" tall now.

Hope you guys start seeing some spring weather soon - it's been a long winter and I am sure you are ready for warmer weather like me.

TNhunter

Attachments:

Re:It's coming - - slow but sure 13 years 2 weeks ago #8868

TNhunter, you're a little bit further along into Spring than I am. Up here, the maple trees are just starting to bud up a little and the grass has a slight touch of green to it. The temp. is slowly climbing, but it wouldn't hurt my feelings if it picked up the pace a little. Where I live, almost exactly on Memorial Day, it's like a switch gets flipped and it gets HOT. I keep telling myself that no matter how cool it is right now, those sweaty days are no more than 8-9 weeks away.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds

Who's Online

We have 330 guests and no members online

Login