2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Free Land

Free Land 13 years 3 months ago #8467

I was looking at land and stumbled across this if anyone is interested.

www.walletpop.com/2010/10/19/click-here-...-where-land-is-free/

Thanks,
Latt

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Free Land 13 years 3 months ago #8469

Latt,

Thats interesting. So....whitch state are you moving to?

Lenno

Re:Free Land 13 years 3 months ago #8470

Lenno.
None, I just thought it was interesting. There are strings attached per community per state. But it could be possible for someone in the right situation. It looks like it is intended to spark new business and I am not into starting a new business even if the land is free. But maybe someone might be, who knows.
Latt

Re:Free Land 13 years 3 months ago #8472

No woods in nebraska, unless you planted some....

Re:Free Land 13 years 3 months ago #8474

There are many deciduous forest in the Eastern half of the state of Nebraska. Wild Ginseng is even native to a few counties in the Eastern portion of Nebraska. But what makes the difference anyway I guess.
Latt

Re:Free Land 13 years 3 months ago #8497

My Dad (back in the mid 70's) was our County Property Assessor and well that was back before all of the land in the county was accurately mapped in GIS systems, computerized, and all that stuff.

He actually found two tracts of land in our county that had never been owned (no deed registered at the County office).

One tract was 140 acres and another 46 acres.

He had me go with the surveyor's and help them out when he had those two tracts of land surveyed. Back then you pulled a 100' chain all the way around the outer edge of the property (think that is called metes and bounds) and of course we marked trees and painted the property line, and corners were established with iron steaks or rock piles.

I was a teenager and loved being out in the woods and actually thought that kind of work was a lot of fun.

Anyway after finding the properties he had them surveyed and filed a claim at the county office and after 7 years of no one contesting that claim the land became officially ours. He did have to pay the taxes on the land during that 7 years.

We (Me and my Brother and two Sisters) sold the 46 acre tract of land a few years ago for $ 70,000.00.

Now that the assessors office has all the new technology, computers, gis systems, doubt that will ever happen again - but it did for us back in the mid 70's and well that was my only experience at Free Land !

TNhunter

Re:Free Land 13 years 2 months ago #8527

I thought that mostly Nebraska was rolling hills of grass. Really, forests? Hmmmm.... I really thought the only trees were where there were water sources like rivers/creeks, and where man had planted as boarders, etc.

TNHunter- I wonder how the average person would go about finding an untitled piece of land these days? Do you remember how your Dad did this?

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds

Who's Online

We have 203 guests and no members online

Login